Home

TheSinner.net

manag soc..

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

manag soc..

Postby Fenella Ice on Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:10 pm

did anyone else see the advertisement thing on the sinner here for the magnagsoc trip to edinburgh, and go "hey! a mangasoc trip to edinburgh! cool!" and then click on the link, and realize that it is the managment society, and not the manga socieity...

or was that just me...

is there even such thing as a manga society here?

[hr]Duct tape is the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

http://www.fenella.diary-x.com
Duct tape is the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/fenella
Fenella Ice

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:01 am

I didn't notice - but the anime club really should do some more sociable things - why not have an anime soc pub crawl night (yay! alcohol!) or something along those lines where we actually get to talk to each other rather than just sit and watch the tv for a couple hours and leave...

Is anyone with me??!!!

((wow...i went to a party after doing the whole U2sday thing at the Ginhouse and i feel so grateful to be able to make sense of my thoughts - i only just got home as well ^_-))
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:07 pm

[s]Fenella Ice wrote on 22:10, 4th Nov 2003:
did anyone else see the advertisement thing on the sinner here for the magnagsoc trip to edinburgh, and go "hey! a mangasoc trip to edinburgh! cool!" and then click on the link, and realize that it is the managment society, and not the manga socieity...

*Raises hand*

[hr]
Oh Yes yes, I know...but it isn't all bad, is it? Not even half bad, I think you really quite enjoyed it.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:21 pm

[s]Thalia wrote on 03:01, 5th Nov 2003:
I didn't notice - but the anime club really should do some more sociable things - why not have an anime soc pub crawl night (yay! alcohol!) or something along those lines where we actually get to talk to each other rather than just sit and watch the tv for a couple hours and leave...

Is anyone with me??!!!

Good plan. I'd show up and drag a couple more along if necessary.

You wanna organise it? :-)

I'd wait until the society's got control of the e-mail account and are sending out e-mails though, so we can tell the whole society and maybe get more people turning up.

Shame this isn't a poster event - I'd love to see what you'd come up with for it.

Btw, you haven't heard anything from them about the e-mail account yet have you? I should have asked on Monday I guess.

[hr]
Oh Yes yes, I know...but it isn't all bad, is it? Not even half bad, I think you really quite enjoyed it.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:20 pm

Organise it? Me? Nah - that's what the president's for ^_-

Didn't u get the email from Leo saying he'd got access back and given access to you and me? I'm sure there was an email address in the list of people he sent it to that looked like it could be urs...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:06 pm

[s]Thalia wrote on 16:20, 5th Nov 2003:
Organise it? Me? Nah - that's what the president's for ^_-

If you can get him to. ;-)

Didn't u get the email from Leo saying he'd got access back and given access to you and me? I'm sure there was an email address in the list of people he sent it to that looked like it could be urs...

Eep! So I did. Squirreled away in the Pending-October folder. Sorry.

[hr]
Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:12 pm

I hope the social efforts this year turn out well. Our experiements to make the society a more sociable place (circa 2000 - 2001) were not very successful at that time. We'd have pub nights, and some of the committee plus two or three others would show up. Perhaps this years' members like to drink more than previous years'..?

A few years ago, it was suggested that we have a manga library, but there didn't seem to be enough demand to warrant the expense. With one volume of manga running about £10, it can be a big expense to get a decent sized library going. Perhaps getting a grant from the Students' Association...?

[hr]samus
--
[s]"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Return to Project Anime