Home

TheSinner.net

Yay! Joy is me!

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Yay! Joy is me!

Postby General Porkov on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:45 pm

Well, I'm one more step towards finishing my PhD, as I submitted my thesis on Monday. Now, all I have to do is wait until the viva (boo!) and then, hopefully, off to Japan in January

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:56 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 19:45, 18th Nov 2003:
Well, I'm one more step towards finishing my PhD, as I submitted my thesis on Monday. Now, all I have to do is wait until the viva (boo!) and then, hopefully, off to Japan in January

Congrats Porkov, and good luck with the viva. I suggest you play your internal examiner off the external one. If they're at each others throats they can't pester you with nitpicking questions. If that fails just punch one, knee the other, and in the confusion claim you passed.

My chances of ever writing a thesis look slimmer every day, so it's nice to hear I at least know someone who will get to call themself Dr.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Hail Ilpalazzo!

Postby General Porkov on Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:45 pm

Well, I had the viva today (December 16th) and the viva examiners will recommend to the University that I be awarded the degree of PhD.
Now, I have to do some very minor corrections (effectively typos and amend one statement in the thesis) and that'll finish that!

So, I am elevated to the righteous rank of Doom Lord and Chaos Lord General. After that, off to Japan in 4 weeks, to serve 8 months in Tsukuba (60 miles from Tokyo)

Effectively PhD in Chemistry
Supreme Lord of Doom Brigade
Hail Ilpalazzo!
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:57 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 17:45, 16th Dec 2003:
Well, I had the viva today (December 16th) and the viva examiners will recommend to the University that I be awarded the degree of PhD.
Now, I have to do some very minor corrections (effectively typos and amend one statement in the thesis) and that'll finish that!

Congratulations!

(Even if it's only chemistry. :-P)
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:45 am

Thank You Dee!

Doom Brigade Supreme Lord
Hail Ilpalazzo! Down with Il Pazzo!
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Return to Project Anime