Home

TheSinner.net

Guts's New Sword

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Guts's New Sword

Postby Dee on Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:26 am

For the more tasteful reader I will warn you now that this post contains a not very veiled subtext (much like Berserk itself). Oh, and can I apologise to anoyone who's viewing pleasure was spoiled by the snickering in the corner at Guts's dramatic speech to Caska. Lastly, these might be considered spoliers - I'm not sure.

Well golly I'm excited at the sight of Guts's new sword.

Obviously a momentary pause is in order to contemplate the sad loss of the previous weapon, three times as long as any other man's if memory serves (alas it does). How many were scared by even the sight of it as he drew it from its sheath? It served him well as he took 100 men on the dark hillside.

But out with the old, and in with the new as they say. And the length of weapon is immaterial really - it's what you do with it that counts. When that general lost his head to it I nearly died.

Of course it's obviously a wicked blade since it's connected to that nasty old demon, but I'm sure Guts would balk at the notion of being cut off from his sword.

Where now though? Griffith's poisoning has confused me as I was expecting him to feel the pain of Guts' sword the next time his back was turned. As it is I think he may live to feel it yet - it's been foreshadowed in previous episodes after all.

Caska seemed quite unintimidated by the size of his previous weapon, indeed she seemed to regard it as a weakness. Will she look more kindly upon Guts' new sword? It seems she's warming to him already after all.

Guts himself seems to feel lessened by the loss of his long blade though - he was even talking about leaving the Hawks. As if the absence of his sword made him less of a man...

(Quit while you're behind Dee!!!)

Anyway, I'm sure everyone else has had these self same thoughts, and I'm just preaching to the choir.

[hr]For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:52 am

Well...his newer sword isn't quite as straight as the last one which, while i'm sure no one'll see as *that* big of a problem, may leave poor Guts feeling just a bit depressed.

Though it's obviously better than just being left completely swordless - i mean who couldn't help but feel for the man when you saw his face after his sword had been cut in half, i think the word we might be looking for there is "Ouch!" ^_^

Hehe...maybe Caska prefers a shorter and thicker sword on a man...

*sniggers* Oh don't start this, you'll have to gag me before every episode of Berserk at this rate :P
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:25 am

Well I'm sure we'd happily gag you then tie you up in the corner to boot, but I don't think it would work as even a muffled laugh would set me off as well.

It's so hard. I think seeing Guts's sword four times nightly is too much for anyone to cope with really.

Still, I shouldn't complain so much as I'm having fun dragging the messageboard through the gutter.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:13 pm

I think we may be getting another four episodes next monday though - according to my calculations there are 8 episodes left and two mondays left before the end of term so unless we're gonna be waiting till after Christmas for the end of the story i can see Berserk taking up quite a bit of our time ^_^

And you can't tie me up in the corner - then i couldn't read the subtitles and i'd be free to laugh at every scene without having the serious words to dull the humour ^_-
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Return to Project Anime