Home

TheSinner.net

1st anniversary of the message board

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

1st anniversary of the message board

Postby General Porkov on Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:43 pm

So, the Project Anime message board has been around for 1 year! Over 500 messages and I think we're onto the 3rd moderator.
I was the first ever moderator, then loveridge took over in May and it's '?' (I hope there is a current moderator - the person who keeps the board free of spam, hentai, other nasties)
Well, here's to the society and the message board continuing for years to come!

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Doom Brigade
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:37 pm

Dee's the moderator now, isn't he? I'm fairly sure i heard that but then again, process of elimination, he and i are the only members of the current committee really active on the board and the moderator sure isn't me ^_-

And we don't seem to have much trouble with the spam and the hentai n stuff - in fact, the most risque thread we've probaly had recently was the one started by Dee himself about Gut's sword ^_-

[hr][s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby loveridge on Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:37 pm

First year already. Sweet :)

Yep, my reign was sort, but I ended up being unable to moderate that much when away from St Andrews due to lack of online time and suck ass dial-up.

*hopes to get broadband soon* :)

[hr]IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
IMAGE:www.boomspeed.com/loveridge/loveridge.gif
loveridge

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:14 pm

Hmm, that's an interesting one for Dee to be the moderator of the board. I think he had the infamous pleasure of being the 1st registered Sinner user to get a message deleted from the message board, just after loveridge took over as moderator.
Dee's message was in response to me saying what stuff is unsuitable for the board - hentai, hentai fangirls, spam and politics. He then put up a message with weblinks to those things. Then, just over a day later, loveridge deleted the message and put one up saying 'Previous post deleted due to hentai and spam'. That was class! Dee did it probably as a test for the new moderator.
It's nice to see that the level of spam and hentai messages is still quite low and still none slip through the net. One thing I hated was 'duplicate' messages, two messages from the same person that were exactly the same.
By the way, I hope the committee is regularly checking the society e-mail account at least 1 or 2 times a day. When I was in charge, spam was coming at up to 10 e-mails per day.
Have fun children!

Doom Brigade
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:27 pm

Huzzah!

[s]General Porkov wrote on 13:14, 7th Dec 2003:
Hmm, that's an interesting one for Dee to be the moderator of the board. I think he had the infamous pleasure of being the 1st registered Sinner user to get a message deleted from the message board, just after loveridge took over as moderator.

Heh! A dubious distinction but I claim it nontheless. And I do indeed possess admin powerz!

Dee's message was in response to me saying what stuff is unsuitable for the board - hentai, hentai fangirls, spam and politics. He then put up a message with weblinks to those things. Then, just over a day later, loveridge deleted the message and put one up saying 'Previous post deleted due to hentai and spam'. That was class! Dee did it probably as a test for the new moderator.

Well of course. Frankly I couldn't bring myself to link to a proper hentai site though, so I kind of cheated. Actually I think all the sites I linked to in that post were ones I thought worth looking at.

It's nice to see that the level of spam and hentai messages is still quite low and still none slip through the net. One thing I hated was 'duplicate' messages, two messages from the same person that were exactly the same.

Only really had one post advertising stuff, and no hentai posts at all. I'nm kind of disappointed at not getting to exercise my powerz.

By the way, I hope the committee is regularly checking the society e-mail account at least 1 or 2 times a day. When I was in charge, spam was coming at up to 10 e-mails per day.

Tell me about it. I periodically have a glance, and find over 700 mails, all spam. I really need to activate filtering.

Have fun children!

Who are you calling a child? Grrrr!

[hr]
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Return to Project Anime