Home

TheSinner.net

It's all so quiet...

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

It's all so quiet...

Postby Dee on Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:11 am

So obvously I must disrupt the silence with lots of noise! Woohoo!! Exclamation marks used multiples times are so fantastic!!!! One short of mad!!!! Haha! Conquer the Society and grind the worthless masses in to the dust because they couldn't possibly govern themselves!!!! Hail Ilpallazo (or however you spell it)!!! I'm not very bright, but I am enthusiastic!!!

(Today I have been watching Excel Saga. I've just finished watching "Increase Ratings Week" - the fanservice episode - very funny but embarassing to be seen watching it by people who don't realise it's a parody.)

Oh, anyone reading this planning to show up to the Society over the exam period? I don't think anything concrete was decided, but there was at least talk of showing some stuff over the next few weeks.

[hr]For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:13 am

I'd turn up over the exam period! In fact i'd be very upset if i was left with nothing to do on a Monday night except revise!! >_<

I've been haunting the Sinner all through the holidays but since i had nothing even vaguely related to anime to say i figured i'd remain quiet ^_-

Although i do now have something to say - i watched Metropolis last weekend and i'm still not sure if i liked it or not...but i also read Clover and i love it, it's so sad!!
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:49 pm

I've just read the latest "Inu Yasha" and want to slap that demon. I'm going to buying some more manga in the not so distant future. I wonder if we could organise some manga trading/borrowing in the society though. I suspect requests for discretionary grants to buy Manga will get me laughed out of the Union though.

I don't think I've heard of Metropolis, but I'll probably look it up this afternoon after I meet with my supervisor (God forbid I do work!)

But "so sad" sounds good. What's Clover about?
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:57 am

It's a manga by CLAMP that i borrowed from one of my friends about a futuristic world where the government tries to control people with special powers called clovers and it focuses on a girl called Sue who's kept locked away on her own by the government until one day they ask a man named Kazuhiko to take her to an amusement park called Fairy Park.

It's only got four volumes (and i dunno if there's gonna be anymore) and the first two are the main story with Kazuhiko and Sue, the third one's a prequel and the four one's a pre-prequel. It's really sweet and poignant and even the way the pages are laid out kinda reflect the solitariness (is that a word?) of their lives...gah, i dunno how to describe it but you should read it if you can get your hands on it (unfortunately i need to give it back to my friend before i come back to st andrews or she'll kill me ^^;), though i'd suggest you read all four volumes at once so that it all makes sense ^_^

There...i think that's enough of a rant for me...just think...it would've been even longer if i'd liked metropolis as well ^_-
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:16 pm

Is it a bit like Jin Roh?

(Edited for typo because I'm stupidly obsessive at times.)
Dee

Re:

Postby Dee on Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:46 am

Blast it! I've read into the series online, and it looks good. I'm probably going to buy this now, or at least the first book. And I want to get Utena as well. And I'm collecting Inu Yasha, and Excel Saga, and some damn fool (read friend) gave me a copy of Gravitation Vol 1 so I'll probably end up buying the rest of those if the first is any good, plus I'm collecting gaijin comics too now (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)...damnit I'm going to be broke by the end of this. And even if I'm not I'll be acquring otaku status. Or at least Comic Book Store Guy from the Simpsons status.

Thankyou for introducing this series Thalia. Thankyou very much.

Worst. Thread. Ever.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:49 pm

Well, im gonna have to increase the cost of this manga obsession you're developing by saying there's no point to only buying the first volume of clover since the first and second volumes are two halves of one storyline and you won't really have much of an idea about what's going on at the end of the first one apart from the obvious 'they're going to fairy park' ^^;

And yeah, now i think about it...the solitariness is a bit Jin-Roh like and the sadness of the ending...but the themes aren't quite the same really...or at least...what i remember of Jin-Roh's themes (i was rather tired that night, it was all i could do to stay awake through the whole thing ^^;;)

Is Gravitation that one with the rock band and a guy with pink hair? Aren't the two main characters gay or was that just something i made up in my own mind from what i read about it?
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:05 pm

[s]Thalia wrote on 18:49, 11th Jan 2004:
Is Gravitation that one with the rock band and a guy with pink hair? Aren't the two main characters gay or was that just something i made up in my own mind from what i read about it?

Yes, that's the one.
Dee

Re:

Postby Kriedmar on Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:47 pm

[s]Dee wrote on 03:46, 11th Jan 2004:
damnit I'm going to be broke by the end of this.

Hehe! same here :( my loan is going on expanding my berserk manga collection, my red dwarf collection and my ranodm pieces of useless junk and artillery collection :D

Or at least Comic Book Store Guy from the Simpsons status.

hehehe!!!!! sad thing is i can actually imagine u sending little kids away for trying to spoil ur collection of comics, u just have that sort of look about u :D and poking holes in quotes and scenes at a star trek (or manga) convention :D nah, just kiddin :)))

Worst. Thread. Ever.

i think the berserk weapon threads actually claim that title :D

[hr]
The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
Kriedmar

Re:

Postby Dee on Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:26 pm

[s]Kriedmar wrote on 13:47, 12th Jan 2004:
Hehe! same here :( my loan is going on expanding my berserk manga collection, my red dwarf collection and my ranodm pieces of useless junk and artillery collection :D

Oh well, at least I'm not alone. Say, you haven't read "Preacher" at all have you? It seems like your sort of thing.

hehehe!!!!! sad thing is i can actually imagine u sending little kids away for trying to spoil ur collection of comics, u just have that sort of look about u :D and poking holes in quotes and scenes at a star trek (or manga) convention :D nah, just kiddin :)))

Sigh! I've put no small effort into not turning into that.

Worst. Thread. Ever.

i think the berserk weapon threads actually claim that title :D

I stand corrected. :-)
Dee

Return to Project Anime