Home

TheSinner.net

Eulogy

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Eulogy

Postby Dee on Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:29 am

I wanted to take a few moments to mourn the passing of Hellsing. We've all read (or in one case written) the moving words in the newsletter, but I thought it would be a fitting tribute for us to post what we will miss most about that delightful series.

What I will miss most is the excitement of wondering what Control of the Art level Alucard will be permitted to use to demonstrate his total bad-@$$ness to his latest foe.

But I will also Miss Intergra "Cunning Plan" Hellsing - capable leader of the Hellsing organisation who has had two successful plans in the whole series

1. Dispatch Alucard to deal with it.
2. Get a letter from the Archbishop.

Not to mention the way they've captured the feel of England. (I'm hoping that this was the result of a particularly atrocious Tourist's Guide to England, or else a badly translated guidebook.)

Finally, I will miss the angst-ridden turmoil of Seras Victoria. The series really made you feel her pain as she turned into a total bad-@$$...ahem...blood drinking monster.

I hope the series will be allowed to rest in peace (i.e. we do not get the next series).
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Rezo on Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:49 pm

[s]Dee wrote on 01:29, 1st Mar 2004:
I wanted to take a few moments to mourn the passing of Hellsing.

I take it you enjoyed the series then? (heh...)

Anyway, if you want an even worse depiction of England (or London to be specific), then trying watching Read Or Die TV's episode 24. Ah, glorious Victorian London... I can feel the British Empire returning already.

[hr]
I've always had my suspicions you were no mere mortal. But I never imagined you actually... A cat... Wait! What the hell am I saying?! Where is that idiot?!! - Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Trigun

The future's bright, the future's Juraihelm - Secret Guy 5, AnimeOnDVD story
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:11 am

Hellsing is overrated. Alucard, Integral, and Selas were all interesting characters. The series could have done so much more with them. Alucard was about the only one that they dealt with in enough depth for my tastes. I really would have liked to have seen more character building and delving into the past of Integral. I suppose that's what a second series is supposed to be for. However, knowing that this isn't in the cards, yet with an ending that left it open enough to continue, Hellsing left me unsatisfied.

And don't talk to me about "Japanese endings" Hellsing's ending was left far too much to be desired. ^_^;;

[hr]samus
samus

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:21 am

You mean nobody wants to find out about the Nazis and their evil plots against England?? ::shocked expression::
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:58 am

[s]Thalia wrote on 03:21, 3rd Mar 2004:
You mean nobody wants to find out about the Nazis and their evil plots against England?? ::shocked expression::

Nazis, you say? Oh well that's different obviously. Anything becomes good if you add Nazis!

I can see it now....

===============================
Springtime for Hellsing and Her Majesty!
England is happy and gay!
Running away at a faster pace.
Look out here comes the vampire race!

Winter for Africa and Rome.
Catholics get back to your home.

I lack any life or depth.
I am Walter, angel of death.

Join the team for spooky thrills.
Pray that Integra won't get you killed.

Integra has plans for today.
Bombs falling from the skies again.
She's taken by surpise again!

Alucard is badass once more.
Means that's we'll soon be very...
we've got be very....
we'll all be incredibly....bored!
===============================

Now if we just kit out Hellsing squaddies in lederhosen, and have them form up into a cross, or else a crown. Maybe stick Alucard in lederhosen whilst we're about it. :-)

Yes, perhaps we should show the next series after all.

[hr]
"Twenty-five years later, I dynamited Disneyland to rubble...but even in prison, I still see Goofy everywhere."

- "The Parking Lot is Full"
Dee

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:00 am

Dee's lost the plot, hasn't he?
Maybe his tiny little mind has frazzled after Hellsing!

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:38 am

Well with the thought of Alucard in lederhosen, who can resist the call of Hellsing? ^_-
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:22 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 09:00, 4th Mar 2004:
Dee's lost the plot, hasn't he?
Maybe his tiny little mind has frazzled after Hellsing!

Nonsense. I'm perfectly sane and completely in touch with reality. I'm so mundane and normal it's frightening.

I think everyone wants to see badass vampires dancing in lederhosen singing "Springtime for Hitler", but most people are too afraid to admit it.
Dee

Re:

Postby Leo Comerford on Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:51 pm

Since we're all bashing poor Hellsing:

How come Dame Hellsing was given such a strange name? I think I can guess. You know the Integral brand of cookware? If memory serves (big if), they all have something like "Integral - Made in England" on the base. I think it's possible that one of the scriptwriters has an Integral frying pan or whatever in their kitchen.
Leo Comerford

Re:

Postby Leo Comerford on Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:55 pm

No, my mind probably made up the "Made in England" bit... it's surely too good to be true...
Leo Comerford

Re:

Postby Dee on Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:40 pm

Sadly I think it is too good to be true. I've been told that Integral cookware is made by Tefal which is a French company. Of course I've only one person's word for this so it may be wrong.

[hr]"Twenty-five years later, I dynamited Disneyland to rubble...but even in prison, I still see Goofy everywhere."

Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:33 pm

I guess I'm the only one who thought that the name 'Integral' was cool! @_@;

[hr]samus
samus

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:12 am

[s]samus wrote on 17:33, 13th Mar 2004:
I guess I'm the only one who thought that the name 'Integral' was cool! @_@;

[hr]samus

I'm not impressed. Now if they'd called the butler Lebesgue, and Integral's uncle Riemann, then I'd be impressed. Or maybe if they'd changed Alucard's name to Tefal. :-)

[hr]
"After achieving encouraging victories against sex and drugs, the defenders of morality continued their attacks on everything that makes life bearable by kicking off their War On Food. It did not go as planned."

Dee

Re:

Postby Leo Comerford on Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:32 am

Integral. Tefal. Feh. Poxy consumer brands. Global, All-Clad - now those are names to inspire awe and dread.

Sorry, I've spent too much time around chefs... :)
Leo Comerford

Return to Project Anime