Home

TheSinner.net

Live Action Evangelion

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Live Action Evangelion

Postby samus on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:47 am

Has anyone seen this?

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16790

[hr]samus
samus

Re:

Postby Dee on Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:43 am

[s]samus wrote on 00:47, 15th Mar 2004:
Has anyone seen this?

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16790

[hr]samus

That is cool. And by cool I mean totally sweet!
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:02 am

It's bad...any americanized version'll just ruin the story and turn it into a CGI blowy-uppy movie with mecha...and they'd never go for the whole mucking about with Christianity thing either...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:49 am

Who knows, it might be surprising. Weta (LOTR, I think) is doing the effects, so you know at least they won't foul up on that point.

[hr]samus
samus

Re:

Postby Leo Comerford on Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:30 am

Yes, I've seen them before. They're pretty nice - unsurprising since the artists haven't departed too far from the original "mecha" designs (apart from exposing most of Unit 1's jaw area, which I don't like). But there seems to be one big change. Doesn't "Kate Rose" appear to be an adult?

Since Weta are trying to make a Hollywood film, it's hardly surprising that they'd want to cut out the jailbait factor. But make the pilots adults and already you've chucked out half the premise of Eva, no?

Of course the film might still be good nevertheless, and in any case it seems to be so early in development that I don't think anyone knows what it will be like yet. But I have a awful sneaking suspicion... If I were a cynical movie person working on this project, I'd prefer to ditch the mad, confused, angry, suffering, inarticulate adolescents for slick, wisecracking badass operators. The Eva pilots as Charlie's Angels, anyone?
Leo Comerford

Re:

Postby samus on Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:34 pm

I cringe at the use of Western names. My bleeding ears!

I don't know, Leo, going with the whiny teenagers would make it more marketable to whiny teenagers. And therefore a lot of merchandising opportunities. Although, having said that, anime otaku of any age will probably buy no small amount of t-shirts, toys, manga, and tie-ins...
samus

Return to Project Anime