Home

TheSinner.net

Nadesico

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Nadesico

Postby Dee on Tue May 25, 2004 12:47 am

If you're not familiar with it, then I'll tell you how it describes itself on the DVD box.

"Love. War. Giant Robots."

How can anyone not love this series?I've just bought myself three DVDs from the series, and since I can't sleep I thought I'd fanboy a little.

It's funny - no not anime slapstick funny - genuinely funny. Plus it's nicely drawn, and although the storyline has a couple of holes, it still flows quite nicely and avoids the awkwardness that I think a lot of anime suffers from.

The translation is generally quite good although I disliked the dubbed version translation of Episode 1's title. The subtitled "Let's Get Masculine" was perfect!

I also suspect the voice actor in the dubbed version is the same one who played Shinji in Eva. Or else they are parodying Eva even more viciously than I thought. As it is the inner dialogue of the protagonist is pretty close to Shinji's.

Anyway, really cool series which I liked a lot. Anyone else had the pleasure? Does it maintain the same standard in later episodes? If you've watched the whole thing please don't spoil it for me though.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Rezo on Tue May 25, 2004 8:03 am

It gets better as the show progresses. We actually did show it a few years ago as well. I think that includes the movie, though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

[hr]
Anno's Moving Fortress of Love - Coming soon from Gainax

The future's bright, the future's very grim... - Secret Guy 5
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby Dee on Tue May 25, 2004 9:40 am

[s]Rezo wrote on 09:03, 25th May 2004:
It gets better as the show progresses. We actually did show it a few years ago as well. I think that includes the movie, though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Another showing from the Rezo collection? I first got introduced to the series by Thomas and seem to remember him telling me he got his copy from you.
Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Tue May 25, 2004 1:42 pm

I remember seeing it at Project Anime. As I recall I sort of stopped paying attention in the latter half, because I had a shitload of work to do. So when we showed the final episode, I just decided to skip it entirely.

Um...But it was decent, as I recall...
samus

Re:

Postby Rezo on Fri May 28, 2004 5:57 pm

[s]Dee wrote on 10:40, 25th May 2004:
Another showing from the Rezo collection? I first got introduced to the series by Thomas and seem to remember him telling me he got his copy from you.

Indeed, yes. That was quite some time ago, but he got the movie a year later. I can't remember if we used my tapes or his for the showings... :P Age, see what it does to your mind?

[hr]
Akito and Gai: OH JESUS GOD NO, OUR FAVORITE ANIME CHARACTER JUST SACRIFICED HIMSELF!!!! WHY GOD WHY!?!?!?!?
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby Dee on Sat May 29, 2004 11:10 pm

[s]Rezo wrote on 18:57, 28th May 2004:
Age, see what it does to your mind?

Quite. I catch myself wandering into rooms and not remembering why nowadays.

[hr]
"I ran out of filters so I strained the tea through a copy of Shakespeare. Now I have "The Tempest" in a teapot. That's trouble brewing."

Izumi, Nadesico
Dee

Return to Project Anime