Home

TheSinner.net

John Kerry vs. Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

John Kerry vs. Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Postby Kimmie on Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:23 am

Don't know if anyone would be interested in this but this is an actual ad from Bush's official website. Someone should be given a very hard slapping for such awful photoshopping and content.

http://georgewbush.com/News/MultiMedia/ ... ID=910&T=5

[hr]I don't mind what happens now and then, as long as you'll be my friend at the end.
I don't mind what happens now and then, as long as you'll be my friend at the end.
Kimmie

Re:

Postby samus on Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:38 pm

Yeah this has been (is being) discussed all over the anime community. I think it's wonderful how the current Presidential candidate can accomplish such a blatant copyright infringement and use it for his ad campaign. Not only is it trying to latch on to the popularity of anime, but it's doing it in a way that would further alienate the medium from the non-anime-watching people. I've seen the original art from which the pose in the commercial was taken. Basically, it's Wolfwood's body, but another character's eyes.
samus

Return to Project Anime