Home

TheSinner.net

Bitter and Twisted

Here for members and non-members alike to discuss things related to the society, its events or to pubs in general and the beer within. Come here for up-to-the-minute details of our exciting forthcoming events!

Bitter and Twisted

Postby ajo y agua on Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:54 am

This is great! Won chapion beer of britain I think. Drouthy's has it from time to time. Tastes a bit like deauchars IPA but fruitier. Whats everyone else's opinion on it?
ajo y agua

Re:

Postby Lindsay on Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:41 pm

Bitter and Twisted is indeed a fine pint. Fortunately it has managed to keep its quality despite its winning the champion beer of Britain award (and thus being so much in demand it's unbelievable). I believe the Whey Pat also stocks it on a fairly regular basis, they take better care of their ale than Drouthies so will probably taste better from there! although I do hear that Drouthies is getting better.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/Suulsa-Krii/givingad.gif[/img]
Lindsay

Belhaven

Postby Jos Dad on Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:29 am

[s]Lindsay wrote on 23:41, 26th Jun 2004:
I believe the Whey Pat also stocks it on a fairly regular basis, they take better care of their ale than Drouthies so will probably taste better from there! although I do hear that Drouthies is getting better.

I believe Drouthies and the Whey Pat are now both part of the Belhaven Pub Chain.
Jos Dad

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:40 am

I first tried this stuff in Aikmans a few years ago. I don't think it has kept it's quality. When I first tried it it seemed to have much more of a bite and have a far cleaner taste than in the last few years.

Still a champion beer though. :)

Dunk

Return to Real Ale Society