Home

TheSinner.net

Battle of the Bands on Wedbnesday 24th Nov.

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Battle of the Bands on Wedbnesday 24th Nov.

Postby xmachine on Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:44 am

Evening all,

Ex machina (and a few slected other bands) will be participating in the (deep breath) University of St Andrews Students' Association's St Andrew's Week Battle of the Bands! (phew)

It should be a good old laugh so come along and see exactly what can happen when 5 people try and play the same song at the same time! (apparently it can be a lot less chaotic if you do this thing called practicing beforehand, but we scoff at such crazy talk..)

As per usual the Union's organisational ability has left us with bugger all info but we reckon it'll start about 7ish on Wednesday 24th (that's _this_ wednesday btw)

See you there - and no buying the drummer beer until after we've played. Really - we mean that.

ian (www.xhmq.co.uk)
xmachine

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:57 am

Sounds like a cracking night to me - Battle of the Bands (c'mon - who wouldn't pick XM?) followed by late night Rocky Horror...

Am sooo glad I've got a Wednesday off for once...

[hr]
I am not your saviour, I am just as fucked as you.
underworlddreams

shameless plug...

Postby KMart Cowgirl on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:47 am

...on behalf of my flatmate and her brother...

from what i know (2 of the bands) the line up is already looking excellent. Rocksockers should also lookout for the likes of Stigma, who are utterly brilliant. Oh yeah and one of the members is related to one of our own occassional rocksockers...the other shetlander miss emma H-M!
"I got into an arguement with my rice crispies. I distinctly heard 'snap, crackle, fuck you!' I'm not sure which one of them said it, but I heard it and I said, 'well, you can all just sit right there in the milk as far as I'm concerned, until I find out which one of you said it.' Mass Punishment--the idea is to turn them against eachother." -Emily Krueger...my fave Jersey Girl!
KMart Cowgirl

Return to Rocksoc