Home

TheSinner.net

piercings

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Re:

Postby lilies on Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:42 pm

it worked when i did it
lilies

Re:

Postby Al on Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:07 pm

Surely it depends on what you want pierced..........
Al

Re:

Postby lilies on Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:42 pm

something other than ears
lilies

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:55 pm

[s]Al wrote on 2002-08-22 23:07:23:
Surely it depends on what you want pierced..........

Why? Does it take different training to shove bits of metal through different bits of flesh?

Though I suspect that was a sex metaphor, if so it was a pretty crap one.
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Kitten on Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:16 am

indeed my good friend, it does take different training. also you have to take into account the fact that some people won't pierce certain parts of your body.

However, there are several places in edinburgh, one being downstairs from Whiplash Trash on Cockburn Street. Also, i'd highly recommend Angel Art on the High Street in Kirkcaldy as that's where i had mine done.

hope that helps you somewhat.
nevermind about the money...it's the penguins he's after, the ones you've got hidden in yer wookie!
Kitten

Re:

Postby Sebastian on Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:57 am

Um, I thought it was coburn street, not cockburn. Was that a Freudian slip?
Sebastian

Farwall

Postby Al on Fri Aug 23, 2002 1:58 pm

"Though I suspect that was a sex metaphor, if so it was a pretty crap one."

You can suspect all you wish. However, it seems to me that it was a perfectly sensible point. As others have confirmed - different places will have different policies as to what parts of people's bodies they will or will not pierce. Therefore, it does depend on what lilies wants pierced. No "sex metaphor" is implied or should be inferred.
Al

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:40 pm

I'm wrong. Don't worry, it happens often enough. No need for your little smiley face to get all frowny :7)
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby underworlddreams on Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:10 pm

Sebastian - a word about the English language... It sucks the donkey's big one... The street *is* in fact Cockburn, but pronounced 'Coburn'
underworlddreams

actually

Postby impgrrrl on Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:12 am

if you wanted to get ears you could just go somewhere poo with a gun. But body piercing is differant...
Amyway, places. DON`T go to grahams in dundee! It is bollocks, i got my lip done there and it was squint and the guy refused to acknowledge it ands give me my money back. I`m not sure about other places in Dundee but i`d say you`re probably best going to Edinburgh. I personally have always gone to (except for that one misguided venture) Spacey Bizarre Ink, which is on the road between the grassmarket and Lothian Road. Or there is Tribe which i have never had anything done at but it looks nice and i`ve only ever heard good things about it which is on the road where the pear tree pub is, which is between the Bridges (but further up, just near a tesco metro) and the road that goes by Edinburgh Uni. Obviously all these things are a bit useless if you don`t know edinburgh that well. So alternitavely there is Tails at Ground Control on Cockburn St. (Surely every law-abiding rock type person knows whre that is). Kinda between waverly station and the royal mile if you aren`t. Again never been to tails personally and think he`s a bit of an arse but then he`s easier to find and again haven`t heard much bad about him. Sorry for my incredibly long thread but i know how upsetting it can be getting a bad piercing experience!!
Hope i`ve been some help!
impgrrrl

Re:

Postby Gullable Fool on Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:12 am

Its written Cockburn, but pronounced Cobern.
Oh, and there's also Ground Control on Cockburn Street in Edinburgh. Loads of my friends have had stuff pierced there, and if you're willing to put up with Tails sleazing on you, its apparantly one of the better places to go.
Gullable Fool

Re:

Postby Gullable Fool on Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:08 pm

Sorry, all that that last message said has already been said, but I posted it AGES ago, so you'll have to blame the board administrators, not me.
Maybe I should try to register....
Gullable Fool

Re:

Postby Scunthorpe on Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:51 am

Where are you gonna get a ST Andrew's adress honey?

[hr]You see! The British can be defeated! We have caught them with their pants up!
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:02 am

If you plead with James enough he'll probably give you one. You only need a St Andrews email address to get one automatically. As long as he thinks he can trust you responsibly, I'm sure he'll be nice to you.

[hr]"As you pick up the toothbrush a tree outside the window collapses.
There is no causal relationship between these two events."
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Scunthorpe on Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:45 am

She's not responsable. Believe me I know. giving her an account would make her a menace to the message boards (plus there would then be one more person who would log in frequently and bombard me with insults.)

[hr]You see! The British can be defeated! We have caught them with their pants up!
The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.
Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby athaclena on Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:17 pm

Leave her alone. She is a wonderful person and has better hair than all of us. She deserves an account.

[hr]A dark mirror...
That was always the intention...
athaclena

Re:

Postby Scunthorpe on Fri Aug 30, 2002 11:05 pm

Never! She must be suppressed for my own good.

Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:24 am

Luckily for The Fool, very few people care about your own good, Matthew. I fear you'd be fighting a losing battle.

[hr]"As you pick up the toothbrush a tree outside the window collapses.
There is no causal relationship between these two events."
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby Scunthorpe on Sat Aug 31, 2002 2:31 pm

I care about my own good and as the Fool is arriving here in half an hour, she will be terminated for the sake of my sanity...

Scunthorpe

Re:

Postby Al on Sat Aug 31, 2002 10:49 pm

I don't understand why this person hasn't registered. Other prospective students have done so. As have people who, sadly, are no longer students.

[hr]It all depends what you mean by.....
Al

Next

Return to Rocksoc