Home

TheSinner.net

The smelly thread

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

The smelly thread

Postby Cloud on Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:51 pm

Everywhere I walk in this town, I can smell a different (yet equally pungent) odour, eg wet wood, industrial strenght floor cleaner, horse poo, cigarette smoke and vomit, and its got me thinking:

What is THE most unpleasant smell you personally have ever been subjected to?

Cloud [I am not a llama]
xx
[s]I want your skulls[/s]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Al on Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:01 pm

"Everywhere I walk in this town, I can smell a different (yet equally pungent) odour, eg wet wood, industrial strenght floor cleaner, horse poo, cigarette smoke and vomit..."

Where the hell are you walking?

[hr]"Happiness is a time, a place...a chemical imbalance"
Al

Re:

Postby Cloud on Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:12 pm

Im serious, in most places (apart from market street fro some reason) there is a strong smell, usually unpleasant.

But i dont want to talk about all the smell(s) of this town, i want to know the worst smell ever
Cloud

Re:

Postby Decadence on Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:51 pm

OK, worst smell ever?

I think this is it:

The smell of faeces from someone suffering from steatorrhoea... For those that are wondering, this is when (for some reason or other - usually pancreatic cancer) the bile duct gets blocked, and bile cannot get into the small intestine to emulsify fats to be digested...

The net result being shit that smells of half digested fat...

Believe me, you _really_ don't want to know what it actually smells like... And anyway, I don't think I could actually describe it in words...

D.

[hr]"Yes, I am an agent of Satan,
But my duties are largely ceremonial."

... Thus spake the Cardinal of Decadence
Decadence

Re:

Postby Al on Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:22 pm

On the outskirts of my home town, there is a meat-rendering plant. I don't know exactly what they do but whatever happens there produces a sickening smell. It is like rotting meat, mixed with shit then mixed with something unknown but awful. The town is in a valley so doesn't get enough breeze to disperse the smell. It just persists - like a permanent, invisible fog. It's bad enough in winter but imagine in the summer when the weather is hot. People can't open windows because the smell gets everywhere. I know of people who have actually been physically sick because of the smell. This has been going on for years. I know other towns must have similar problems but ours is the only one that I've ever seen on national news.

[hr]"Happiness is a time, a place...a chemical imbalance"
Al

Re:

Postby polythenegirl on Tue Nov 05, 2002 10:39 am

The worst smell i have ever smelt.....

One time when i was on holiday in Florida i was walking towards a shopping mall and was overcome with the worst smell ever, it was undescribable.

We wondered what it was but soon we found out when we walked past a car where a body back was being lifted out of the car boot.

we found out later that the guy had been murdered and left in the boot in the mid-summer heat so it was pretty badly decomposed.

there ya go my worst smell!.
polythenegirl

Re:

Postby Mark on Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:09 pm

scunthorpe
Mark

Re:

Postby Cloud on Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:21 pm

We have a winner!!
Cloud

Return to Rocksoc