Home

TheSinner.net

Andrew WK: Frontman or Fraud?

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Andrew WK: Frontman or Fraud?

Postby Captain_Spanky on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:30 pm

Here's an absolutly hilairious conspiracy theory about Andrew WK and the music industry.
The author is quite clearly bitter, a hack, and nuts. Enjoy.

http://hernonawk.bravehost.com/index.html

"The MATRIX is controlling what we listen to, OH NOES!"

[hr]

Beatrice - Darling. Dearest. Dead.
Beatrice - Darling. Dearest. Dead.
Captain_Spanky

Re:

Postby everyday_is_halloween on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:33 am

It doesn't surprise me that his first album features him with a bloody nose. It was probably taken just after someone had to sit through his 'music'. If I'd seen him after watching one his videos he would've ended up bloodied up like the rapist in Robocop becomes.

Andrew WK: Frontman, Fraud or a Fucking wanker more like.
everyday_is_halloween

Re:

Postby Ragamuffin on Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:50 am

Dear me. Cliched bitter journo much? Seems harsh to take out the fact that his journalism isn't good enough to stand up alone on poor old Andrew WK.

[hr]

We want the finest wines available to humanity. We want them here and we want them now!
We want the finest wines available to humanity. We want them here and we want them now!
Ragamuffin

Re:

Postby everyday_is_halloween on Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:28 am

What does surprises me a little is why the guy publishes that article on the internet. It still counts as publicity for AWK, no such thing as bad publicity (ignoring exceptional cases).

I'd never knowingly heard even one song by AWK before reading that. After reading that I felt compelled to find out what kind of stuff AWK has put out. Ok, I found his 'music' to be a total cheap crock of shite but the fact that I sampled it just proves that the article serves only to increase AWK's popularity.
everyday_is_halloween

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:13 am

This is one of the most amusing "so funny and so true" things I've read in a while.

Thank you sir.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon power metal I drool

http://www.myspace.com/domlovestoshred
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby jequirity on Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:55 pm

ANDREW W K, WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

[hr]

LEEERRRROYYYY!!!!

Andrew W K Day 9th of May
jequirity

Re:

Postby Jono on Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:37 pm

Yep. Small-time hack of a journalist ranting hypocritically about integrity in the record industry.

Makes me laugh really. The way these guys think the music industry, or any other industry has some kind of moral obligation to provide quality music from artists who abide by some percieved honour code. Ermm... No! The music industry is just that; an industry! They're interested in making profit for their shareholders. If that means they'll take some hooker, or some dumb prettyboy with no talent and airbrush them to success, they're not going to think twice.

Yeh Andrew WK is for modern rock what 50 "Fiddy" Cent is for Rap. He epitomises a culture of profiteering and corrupt media influence within the music industry. But so what? People aren't stupid, they just pretend to be. Some glorified busker jumping and convulsing about on a stage, bellowing at the top of his voice lyrics that would sound more at home in a dance track doesn't fool anyone. Let him have his fifteen minutes of fame, so we can all laugh when he's scrapped by his label for the next idiot to come along.

[hr]

Don't mention the Nazi's!
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Return to Rocksoc