Home

TheSinner.net

Have a Good Christmas

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Re:

Postby Starla on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:17 pm

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 13:29, 27th Dec 2006

The music debate will probably go on forever but I'm naively optimistic that the auditioning of some decent DJs might turn things around a bit...if only temporarily. Anymore word on that?

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon power metal I drool
[l]
[/l]

I hate to get personal, but when was the last time you actually came to Rocksoc? >:(

I really don't understand who you mean by 'decent DJs'. Do you mean 'DJs who play more of the music I like'?

Sorry, but this is really pissing me off now. We try our hardest to provide a variety of music, and I can remember a couple of years ago when people complained that too much classic rock was being played - the sets were too similar each week. When people say things like 'play more Motorhead' they mean 'play Ace of Spades', which you cannot do every sodding week.

ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH *explodes*

[hr]

"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
Starla

Re:

Postby David on Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:12 pm

that reminds me of the shower i used to have, turn the knob a fraction to the right and its scalding hot then turn it to the left and its freezing cold
David

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:43 pm

Quoting Starla from 18:17, 29th Dec 2006
Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 13:29, 27th Dec 2006

The music debate will probably go on forever but I'm naively optimistic that the auditioning of some decent DJs might turn things around a bit...if only temporarily. Anymore word on that?

[hr]

[l]
[/l]

I hate to get personal, but when was the last time you actually came to Rocksoc? >:(

I really don't understand who you mean by 'decent DJs'. Do you mean 'DJs who play more of the music I like'?

Sorry, but this is really pissing me off now. We try our hardest to...RANTAGE

I admit my attendance as of late (last 2 club nights) has been plagued by finance troubles and illness (both of which are out of my hands) but it's not as if I'm not a frequent enough member to have a f*cking opinion as you are implying! I don't even know you so no wonder you haven't seen me, for the love of kenco! :D

And what I meant by "decent DJs" is DJs who are good enough in for the job NOT "better ones than the current DJs", you really didn't read that bit correctly! And no of course I don't sodding mean "DJs who play more music I like", I don't even know where that character assessment came from...probably your blind fury but I've NEVER said that I want the DJs to play more music that I like. I'd like to see DJs play stuff that will keep everyone rocking the fuck out!

I understand you're one of the bleeding heart, hard-done-to DJs who have been getting a lot of stick lately and feel unappreciated but come on now...fairs fair I haven't been starting these musical debates at all! But I do think, as does Captain Wanky, that a new line-up of DJs might be a way to solve the musical debates people have been starting.

EDIT: for clarity
[hr]

[l]
Image[/l]
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby H on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:57 pm

Alright! Enough! Stop bloody bickering! I'm fed up with bitching, moaning, arguing over senseless nonesense. What happened to a society of like minded people getting together to enjoy themselves, have a few beers and chill out. Enough! Seriously! Its getting on my nerves now, and thats a hard thing to happen!

[hr]

"I'd like to say a big FUCK OFF to anyone who says metal is dead!" Zakk Wylde 2002
"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:59 am

Yeah it's pissing me off to. I rant about it sure, but from a DJ point of view but please for the LOVE of Pete, just let this music bitching thing DIE already.

On a another topic, who wants to argue about the semantics of the G.A.Y bop as opposed to Gay Bop?

To quote Foamy and John Lennon: Tis the season to shut the fuck up, and a happy new year, let's hope it's a good one, WITHOUT THIS FUCKING INCESSANT MUSIC DEBATE!

On a REALLY different note of random, who else thinks Yoko Ono has had a boob job?

[hr]

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers
I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby Brother Munro on Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:25 pm

"This is what we do. And if you like it, good. If not, go fuck yourself." - Joey DeMaio

[hr]

Courage and Honour!
http://www.everyclick.com/uk/ Search the internet Charitably
http://www.coronarythrombosistrust.org.uk Save a Heart
http://web.mac.com/brothermunro My Page of Random
Courage and Honour!
Brother Munro

Re:

Postby Starla on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:32 pm

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 21:43, 29th Dec 2006

I admit my attendance as of late (last 2 club nights) has been plagued by finance troubles and illness (both of which are out of my hands) but it's not as if I'm not a frequent enough member to have a f*cking opinion as you are implying! I don't even know you so no wonder you haven't seen me, for the love of kenco! :D

And what I meant by "decent DJs" is DJs who are good enough in for the job NOT "better ones than the current DJs", you really didn't read that bit correctly! And no of course I don't sodding mean "DJs who play more music I like", I don't even know where that character assessment came from...probably your blind fury but I've NEVER said that I want the DJs to play more music that I like. I'd like to see DJs play stuff that will keep everyone rocking the fuck out!

I understand you're one of the bleeding heart, hard-done-to DJs who have been getting a lot of stick lately and feel unappreciated but come on now...fairs fair I haven't been starting these musical debates at all! But I do think, as does Captain Wanky, that a new line-up of DJs might be a way to solve the musical debates people have been starting.

EDIT: for clarity
[hr]

[l]
[/l]

Actually, I do know who you are. And no one has said anything to me (personally), it just gets really upsetting when you put so much effort in - to try and provide variety (like I said, people honestly did use to complain about how samey Rocksoc was) - and all people do is complain :( The whole point of becoming a DJ (for me) was not to force the music I like on people, but to have fun and try and bring a bit more variety to the nights - I don't think I very often play inaccessible tracks, I do try and pick 'dancy' songs. It's so unsatisfying from a DJ point of view to play the same things every time you're on - why not just put a mix CD on?

So what if I'm a bleeding heart? Just because I care that something I put effort into keeps getting slagged off? It's a bad thing that I'm not a thick-skinned bitch who just laughs off criticisms and says 'fuck you I'm ignoring you'?

Also, I wasn't having a go at you personally for not coming (i.e. I wasn't implying that you're not a tr00 rocksoc fan), I was more trying to make the point that you can't complain about the musics if you haven't been for a while. Sorry if you took that part personally. I know all about sickness and poverty :P

The music debate will never be solved. I speak to lots of old members, and people have always complained. And don't put words in Jez's mouth.

[hr]

Starla

Re:

Postby Captain_Spanky on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:39 pm

Here's an idea. Now I tried pointing you fellows in the general direction but it didn't work. As I said Jono was a perfect xample of how to adress complaints.

Insted of saying "X DJ is shit/their set was shit" just because you don't like the music, how about shutting the fuck up. It doesn't help and causes shit fests like this. Music you DO like will be played at some point in the night. Better yet give us a politely phrased suggestion insted of being a fucking pussy and saying "oh I'm not coming back because of 1 shit set". Start the request thread. I mean CHRIST at least Merrek (for all our disagreements) kept coming and gave it a chance.

I realise the irony of this but if you have nothing nice to say, or can't at least phrase what you're saying amicably, then don't fucking bother. So I frankly don't want to hear about how this "isn't phrased nicely". I don't care. That ship has sailed. You all missed your chance on nice.

And yeah Dom, honestly, you're having a go at people for caring about what people think of their sets? Fucking hell, god forbid people take pride in their work.

[hr]

Beatrice - Darling. Dearest. Dead.
Captain_Spanky

Re:

Postby Brother Munro on Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:49 pm

Quoting Captain_Spanky from 19:39, 30th Dec 2006
Jono was a perfect example of how to adress complaints.

Give us a politely phrased suggestion ... keep coming and gave it a chance.

If you have nothing nice to say, or can't at least phrase what you're saying amicably, then don't fucking bother.

God forbid people take pride in their work.

Paraphrased you a bit there Jez, but all those are excellent points. Despite my feelings last year, I still came, and when a track I liked came on I made sure the DJ knew it, especially if I had requested it. I'd still come this year if I were in St. Andrews (I would also have submitted a DJ CD).

[hr]

Courage and Honour!
Courage and Honour!
Brother Munro

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:14 pm

Quoting Brother Munro from 20:49, 30th Dec 2006
...and when a track I liked came on I made sure the DJ knew it

I like it when people do this. Gives me the warm n fuzzies :D

[hr]

angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby H on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:36 pm

Play more metal!

[hr]

"I'd like to say a big FUCK OFF to anyone who says metal is dead!" Zakk Wylde 2002
H

Re:

Postby H on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:36 pm

and yes for those of you who are naive or ignorant enough to read this...that was a badly timed joke!

[hr]

H

Re:

Postby Starla on Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:54 am

Quoting H from 22:36, 30th Dec 2006
and yes for those of you who are naive or ignorant enough to read this...that was a badly timed joke!

[hr]

I lol'd.

[hr]

Starla

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:00 pm

Quoting Starla from 19:32, 30th Dec 2006
I was more trying to make the point that you can't complain about the musics

I WASN'T AND HAVEN'T! Seriously where are people getting this from?!

Quoting Captain_Spanky from 19:39, 30th Dec 2006
And yeah Dom, honestly, you're having a go at people for caring about what people think of their sets? Fucking hell, god forbid people take pride in their work.

Oh come on this is getting bloody ridiculous! Not anywhere have I been "having a go" at DJs. Not once! I said "bleeding-heart" and "hard-done-to" but I wasn't saying they didn't have a right to feel this way I was just commenting on the way the rant was directed unjustly at me.

Come on people, I can accept fault where it's due but you're shooting people on your own side!

p.s. What Chris said about making sure the DJ knows the track was liked is exactly what I do even if it's with a simple rise of the pint and a nod of appreciation

[hr]

[l]
Image[/l]
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Captain_Spanky on Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:31 pm

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 14:00, 31st Dec 2006

Oh come on this is getting bloody ridiculous! Not anywhere have I been "having a go" at DJs. Not once! I said "bleeding-heart" and "hard-done-to" but I wasn't saying they didn't have a right to feel this way I was just commenting on the way the rant was directed unjustly at me.

Come on people, I can accept fault where it's due but you're shooting people on your own side!

p.s. What Chris said about making sure the DJ knows the track was liked is exactly what I do even if it's with a simple rise of the pint and a nod of appreciation

[hr]

[l]
Image[/l]

Bloody scientistist. "Bleeding heart" and "put-upon" are terms used in a derogetry manner when one wishes to imply someone is getting bent out of shape over something stupid. I refer you to the Pink Floyd song "The Trial" where the teacher claims it's the faults of "the bleeding hearts and aritsts", who stopeed caning, that the country, and Pink in particular, are such tearaways.

Hence "bleeding heart liberals" meaning they get upset over stupid things like gays and animal rights.

If you're going to use derogatory language at least stand behind it. So ignorant or insulting, which are you? But honestly if you did misunderstand the term or didn't know hat it really meant don't use it.

P.S. Bah Humbug. No christmast spirit here. Where's Tiny Tim so I can break his other leg?
[hr]

Captain_Spanky

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:18 pm

Quoting Captain_Spanky from 16:31, 31st Dec 2006
P.S. Bah Humbug. No christmast spirit here. Where's Tiny Tim so I can break his other leg?

Tiny Tim is 15 stone and built like a brick privvy

[hr]

angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:29 pm

It's the ignorance Tiny Tim Slayer! I didn't think it was derogetry and didn't mean it to be a negative phrase...it's sort of one of those phrases you seen written down but don't know with what tone it's used. But in either case I do want to point out that DJs do have the right to be proud of their set (of course they bloody do) I was taking issue with Starla cos she seemed to be singling me out for something I haven't done! But whatever you as well as I know that the Sinner, along with any other online forum/messageboard/messaging, is a prime place to twist meaning and argue semantics. And not to mention FLAME at the drop of a pirate hat...so no biggy.

p.s. I'm a philosopher now ;)

[hr]

[l]
Image[/l]
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby H on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:53 pm

Seems everything I have posted so far has been completely ignored...

[hr]

H

Re:

Postby David on Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:49 am

Quoting H from 18:53, 31st Dec 2006
Seems everything I have posted so far has been completely ignored...

[hr]

i sometimes get that feeling too
David

Re:

Postby Jono on Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:43 am

Aww! *Hugs and patronisation*

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

PreviousNext

Return to Rocksoc