Home

TheSinner.net

Ball?

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Re:

Postby PaddyW on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Could RockSoc not arrange a fund raiser? Sell people cake (num, cake) outside the libray or something?

[hr]

"Clearly I lack arrogance, for that would be a flaw..."- 8-bit theatre
"I'll suffer my craving, my soul's not worth saving, so why don't you go, just leave well alone"- Iron Maiden
"The fate of destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth"- Neon Genesis Evangelion
"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion."- Sephiroth
Where's the ocean's daughter? Was Peter Pan in Mordor? Do you know if Merlin did exist?
Or Frodo wore the ring? Did Corum kill the gods?
Or where's the wonderland Which young Alice had seen Or was it just a dream? I knew the answers; Now they're lost for me
PaddyW

Re:

Postby seonad on Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:21 pm

Hey,

In my first year there were infamous beach parties. What happened to them? I'm sure you could attract billions of members if you tempted them with a flaming sofa or two.

Also, if you can't have a rocksoc ball by itself, could always join with a few other friendly societies. Cos yeah, I have a ball dress that is only really suitible for rocksoc, and I'd be very upset if I don't get to wear it!

xxx
seonad

Re:

Postby flossy on Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Does altsoc still do the ball at the aquarium?

[hr]

Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:57 pm

Beach parties would be a bit chilly as of late but it doesn't matter because I seem to recall the police putting a stop to them because of fires or something. That was after the 06 Ball annnnnnnd we're back on topic :p

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby flossy on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:59 pm

Beach fires on castle sands are a no-no but West Sands seems to be ok. Bloody freezing at the moment, however.

[hr]

Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Spiryt on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:00 pm

What happened to the 2007 design T-shirts? I'm guessing those were at least a minor boost to the society's funds and (far more importantly) a way of advertising it...

[hr]

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
I meant every word I said, But only said half the words I meant
There's a load more where they came from, I suppose will get left unsent
Spiryt

Re:

Postby Jono on Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:44 pm

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 14:57, 9th Mar 2007
Beach parties would be a bit chilly as of late but it doesn't matter because I seem to recall the police putting a stop to them because of fires or something. That was after the 06 Ball annnnnnnd we're back on topic :p

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool

So long as you go beyond a certain distance on the beach, they have no legal authority to stop them. To be fair though, the last few parties that got held on west sands didn't exactly absolve us of the 'littering layabout student' stereotype.

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby lh30 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:48 pm

Could the person who e-mailed me about this thread please resend the message? I thought I had replied right away, but it looks like Webmail ate it. Ta.
lh30

Re:

Postby seonad on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:57 pm

beach parties aren't chilly. there is FIRE!!!!
seonad

Previous

Return to Rocksoc