Home

TheSinner.net

What New Albums Have You Heard Lately?

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

What New Albums Have You Heard Lately?

Postby zednettler on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:15 pm

I'm still harbouring under the delusion that it's 2002, when I went to a rock'n'metal night once a week where the all the latest choons of the day were played to death. These days, I don't know if people still remember them and I find it hard to keep abreast of what's going on in mainstream rock and metal (normally being into the more evil stuff myself), so I have no idea which songs released in the last five years people are likely to recognise when I come to DJ. Help a fairy out by telling me what new-ish stuff (if any) you're digging at the moment?

This also might serve as a music recommendations thread (not to mention a procrastination tool), so I'll start:

Backyard Babies - People Like People Like People Like Us (infectious punky sleaze rock)
Chrome Division - Doomsday Rock 'N Roll (shiny heavy metal in the vain of Motorhead)
Dethklok - The Dethalbum (yes yes, albeit mainly just "Hatredcopter")
Evile - Enter The Grave (Slayer-esque yet fresh-sounding thrash metal)
I - Between Two Worlds (black/heavy metal)
Nunslaughter - Goat (silly black/death/thrash metal)
Devastator - The End (epic thrash metal (odd eh?))
Saxon! (Not exactly new, but they rule! Everyone needs more Saxon in their lives!)
zednettler

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:00 am

Vote Saxon!

I'm liking the new Fall Out Boy album... I'm well ghey

[hr]

I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:36 pm

Lesse, Newish stuff...

Well, the Dethalbum by Dethklok
Iced earth- Framing Armageddon
Velvet Revolver- Libertad
Megadeth- United Abominations
Gods of War by Manowar was a while ago, but its still coo.

Lookin' forward to the next Gamma Ray Album too. :P

[hr]

"Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends."
-First Cortana Letter
"Take me to the Gardens of the Sinner,
Bury me and let me rest in peace
Now the time of truth has come for everyone
The fallen angel stands in victory"
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Re:

Postby theshark on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:38 pm

I'm loving the new Coheed album right now, No World For Tomorrow
also, Alter Bridge - Blackbird, fairly awesome

ooh, and InMe - Daydream Anonymous, freakin amazing
theshark

Re:

Postby Zak on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:33 pm

New Electric Wizard is phenonemal, ordered it on vinyl as well because i really am that sad. Not as dirty as Dopethrone but the refined sound is nice, something a bit different. Cant wait till they tour.

Also listened to recently -

Dethklok - Its a good album, might be a massive gimmick but its better than half the tosh some bands make now a days.

Scissorfight - Jaggernaught - Acid mountain rock in there own words. Southern rock/metal with comedy.

Anaal Nathrakh - Hell Is Empty, And All The Devils Are Here - Its growing on me but not convinced just yet. Prefer the old stuff.

Skindred - Roots Rock Riot - Fucking awesome raggae-metal-punk. Something for everyone i think.

[hr]

Im not getting jiggy, its Parkinsons!
Zak

Re:

Postby Starla on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:55 pm

Quoting Zak from 15:33, 7th Nov 2007

Skindred - Roots Rock Riot - Fucking awesome raggae-metal-punk. Something for everyone i think.

[hr]

Holy shitting fuck. Didn't realise this was out. GET THE FUCK IN THERE. Man can we get Skindred tomorrow, to celebrate?

Man I wish I hadn't already bought a CD this week, although it is THE NEW DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN - Ire Works - Typical spastic jazz metal, but with a really strong freako influence now. Lots of weird experimental melodic, almost pop songs, but in the middle of DEP usual thing. You can hear the whole album on their myspace.

Arnocorps - The Greatest Band Of All Time - These hardcore ballsy studs play action adventure rock and roll of the finest kind. Inspired by ancient lore and mythology originating from the Alpine regions of their native Austria Arnocorps continues the sacred traditionof chronicling these heroic deeds and fantastic adventures through song. Unfortunatly these tales have been bastardised by the Hollywood machine, and so Arnocorps seek to tell them as they should be.

Holzfeuer has many happy memories of his mother and grandmother standing over his crib telling him to "Get your ass to mars" and "What happened to you Dillion?". These caused him to feel the pump and become the ballsy goddamn hero he is today. This happens to all who hear the Austrian tales in their original form, and it's a well documented event that those who see Arnocorps live "feel the pump" and leave much more studly than when they arrived.

They have six members (Two Guitarists, Two Bassists, Vocalist and Drummer) to allow for perfect heroic symmetry.

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum - Grand Opening And Closing - Sort of like an avante garde Blue Man Group. Very atmospheric rock, lots of "home made instruments" weirdo lyrics, weirdo songs. Very much in with the avante garde crowd.

AKLO - Beyond Maddness - Minamalist ambiant based on H. P. Lovecraft. Very Halloweeny and atmospheric.

uneXpect - In A Flesh Aquarium - Black metal rapes Tim Burton in a Gypsy folk circle while completely fucking wasted.

[hr]

"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
Starla

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:26 pm

Dethalbum of bloody course (with Go Forth and Die kicking the face clean off of Hatredcopter and on to Jesus' face. What a cheeky bonus)

Homestarrunner.com - Strongbad Sings and Other Type Hits

Freedom Call - Dimensions

Megadeth - United Abominations

Freedom Call - Eternity

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Gambling with the Devil - Helloween

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Grant on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:26 am

The new down album came out recently - over the under.

Its great, because i say so.

Also, there is a new Prong album out - power of the damager. I'm shocked that i dont own it yet.
Grant

Re:

Postby theshadowhost on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:53 pm

Quoting theshark from 12:38, 7th Nov 2007
I'm loving the new Coheed album right now, No World For Tomorrow
also, Alter Bridge - Blackbird, fairly awesome

ooh, and InMe - Daydream Anonymous, freakin amazing

The new coheed is well good! better than the last one, but not as good as IKSoSE:3 just cause "the running free" and "mother superior" are a bit weak.

Still think it's awesome though!

[hr]

theshadowhost

Re:

Postby Dark_Soul on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:30 am

I just bought the Emigrate CD yesterday. For those of you who don't know who they are, Emigrate is the band Richard Z. Kruspe from Rammstein put together when Rammstein took a break last year. Songs are shit but listening to Richard play his guitar is fucking amazing.

Also I got the most recent Apocalyptica album. Apparently it was released in September though I knew nothing of it. Anyway, buy it....tis fucking amazing. Corey Taylor and Till Lindemann do the vocals for songs on this album too.....GO BUY!!

[hr]

Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Dark_Soul

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:41 pm

I got the latest Helloween album (Gambling with the Devil) yesterday. It's not great. They're just not the same without Kai...

Gamma RAY>Helloween

[hr]

"Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong:
THIS is the way the world ends."
-First Cortana Letter
"Take me to the Gardens of the Sinner,
Bury me and let me rest in peace
Now the time of truth has come for everyone
The fallen angel stands in victory"
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:31 pm

The newest albums I have been listening to and enjoying are:
Vader - Impressions in Blood
Marduk - Rom 5:12
Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao
Suffocation - Suffocation
Phantom Limb - Pig Destroyer
In Sorte Diaboli - Dimmu Borgir

Haven't really listened to United Abominations yet, or that new dream theater one

Re:

Postby Starla on Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:05 am

Quoting from 14:19, 9th Nov 2007
The newest albums I have been listening to and enjoying are:
Vader - Impressions in Blood
Marduk - Rom 5:12
Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao
Suffocation - Suffocation
Phantom Limb - Pig Destroyer
In Sorte Diaboli - Dimmu Borgir

Haven't really listened to United Abominations yet, or that new dream theater one

Let me give you a ahnd picking up all those names you just dropped.

Why not try telling us what they sound like?

Jez

[hr]

Starla

Return to Rocksoc