Home

TheSinner.net

Kaleb

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Re:

Postby Starla on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:41 pm

Quoting Grant from 11:54, 9th Feb 2008
This thread is awesome.

Woe betide anyone who dislikes Kaleb

*sigh*
You just love stirring stuff up don't you?

Jez

[hr]

"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
Starla

Re:

Postby H on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:51 pm

Quoting Starla from 12:41, 9th Feb 2008
This thread is awesome.

*sigh*

Jez

[hr]

Haha hypocrit warning!

Made me piss myself though, nice one Jez :D

[hr]

"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Re:

Postby Grant on Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:50 pm

This thread is awesome.

*sigh*

Jez

[hr]

That wasnt particularly stirring IMO, i was just commenting about the venom spat towards that post. I doubt very much the members of Kaleb let it worry them, why should you guys let it bother you?

I mean, yeah no one likes someone wailing on their fav band, but in reality its not that big a deal. I've had to put up with tons of folk wailing on crowbar (cue the next x "crowbar are shite" posts).
Grant

Re:

Postby Starla on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Quoting Grant from 20:50, 9th Feb 2008
This thread is awesome.

*sigh*

Jez

[hr]

That wasnt particularly stirring IMO, i was just commenting about the venom spat towards that post. I doubt very much the members of Kaleb let it worry them, why should you guys let it bother you?

I mean, yeah no one likes someone wailing on their fav band, but in reality its not that big a deal. I've had to put up with tons of folk wailing on crowbar (cue the next x "crowbar are shite" posts).

*Shrugs* Fair enough dude, just seemed like you were trying to wind people up, if not my mistake. And I doubt, as good as they are, that "Kaleb For My Valentine" are anyone's favourite band.*

Jez

*This was intended in jest.

[hr]

Starla

Re:

Postby The Introvert on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:05 pm

[/quote]

" I've had to put up with tons of folk wailing on crowbar (cue the next x "crowbar are shite" posts). "[/quote]

Crowbar are shite

[hr]

'Or I become what never fails, following the footsteps behind me'
'Or I become what never fails, following the footsteps behind me'
The Introvert

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:52 pm

Quoting Grant from 20:50, 9th Feb 2008

That wasnt particularly stirring IMO, i was just commenting about the venom spat towards that post.

Only one reply spat venom towards that post.

There were two other replys to it.

One said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The other simply refuted the three points made in that post. The addition of the word troll was therefore justified because of the venom associated with the original post.

To be quite honest I should have made my post a lot more venomous. I don't think its any stretch of the imagination to think that I am one of the three old diehards and that spineless shit called me lame.

Don't you just love unreg's.

IMO, I think you were stiring, but then, thats only my opinion. Perhaps we should all take care with the wording of our future posts so as to ensure they are unambiguous ( a potentially tremendous feat in an inherantly ambiguous medium. )

Of course, the irony of your reply is that I was the original person posting my dislike, whilst also dispelling the other person's post.

[hr]

[s]Warning : The sinner is a plateau, with moral high ground manifesting itself as an optical illusion in the the bearers mind.[/s]
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Scurve Kano on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:23 pm

Screw you guys: I'm gonna form my own band! But with blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the band!

Would I be overstepping my bounds to say we are in danger of overreacting? No offence to Kaleb, but it's not like H has joined Iron Maiden and will be headlining Download this year. Perspective.

In other news, whatever one may think 'bout vocal styles, the truth is (as I understand it- please correct me if I'm wrong) that Kaleb's previous vocalist has left. So now they have a new one. This is not exactly unprecedented. It's no good saying "I want X back" when he's not coming back! Slash ain't rejoining Guns N' Roses, no matter how much you pout!

Also H is an awesome singer, so there (best argument ever!)! At least he isn't preoccupied with singing about cookies...

[hr]

"Take me to the Gardens of the Sinner,
Bury me and let me rest in peace
Now the time of truth has come for everyone
The fallen angel stands in victory"
-Gamma Ray
"Take me to the Gardens of the Sinner,
Bury me and let me rest in peace
Now the time of truth has come for everyone
The fallen angel stands in victory"
-Gamma Ray
Scurve Kano

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:14 pm

I don't believe anyone has said they want Jim back.

And I fucking expect Kaleb to be the next Maiden, so there :P

[hr]

[s]Warning : The sinner is a plateau, with moral high ground manifesting itself as an optical illusion in the the bearers mind.[/s]
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby flossy on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:28 pm

A little aside, does this mean you're taking a leave of absence, H? Or are you fitting the band around uni?

I like the new sound. I've only ever heard Kaleb live before H joined so listening to the new demos is like listening to a different band to me (if that makes sense).

[hr]

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby H on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:49 pm

Flossy, I am no longer a student lawl. I have actually left uni for unrelated reasons. So I have plenty of time for the band :)

[hr]

H

Re:

Postby beeny on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:49 pm

Quoting Power_Metal_Dom from 23:18, 4th Feb 2008

Listened to Four Winds

Hahaha, no offence H but 'Four Winds'? Is it coincidence that that's the exact name of a Bright Eyes (ridiculously emo, but awesome :)IMO band) track from their last album, Cassadaga? Or is it a cover? If so, yaaaaaaaay!!

[hr]

'But what do I know? I'm a bear; I suck the heads off fish.'
'But what do I know? I'm a bear; I suck the heads off fish.'
beeny

Re:

Postby H on Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:08 pm

No relation whatsoever. That's a complete coincidence. Never even heard of Bright Eyes.

[hr]

H

Re:

Postby Grant on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:20 pm

I'm sure a quick google search will show you a list of songs called "Four Winds", the same names come up again and again especially if they are based on enduring images or phrases common to western society.

Search "This love" for example. I can think of at least 3 bands each with a song called that - and 2 are pop bands...there must be more.
Grant

Re:

Postby Euro on Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Bright Eyes was the first thing that came to your mind when you heard Four Winds?
Four Winds is a very popular name, like Grant said. There are all sorts of songs and restaurants named Four Winds. It's related to the Anemoi, the wind gods in Greek mythology. Other versions of the myth include the four stags and four dwarfs, which obviously aren't as cool.
Euro

Re:

Postby Grant on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:53 pm

Quoting Euro from 18:08, 14th Feb 2008
Bright Eyes was the first thing that came to your mind when you heard Four Winds?
Four Winds is a very popular name, like Grant said. There are all sorts of songs and restaurants named Four Winds. It's related to the Anemoi, the wind gods in Greek mythology. Other versions of the myth include the four stags and four dwarfs, which obviously aren't as cool.

I dunno, 4 dwarves sounds pretty cool if they are the dwarves of drinking, titties,sex and magic, sung about in a sludge stylee.
Grant

Re:

Postby Tommy C on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:47 am

dick head

Quoting covertassassin from 15:31, 6th Feb 2008
Am I the only person here that thinks Kaleb were shite?

Its a sad day when a band can only get gigs in its home town (and duh, take the hint), mainly due to 3 lame old diehards promoting the cause all the time.

Hell, let H change it, they might become good and stop slaughtering old maiden covers. My god, the old kaleb were dated for 1984, and they werent even around that far back.

Jeez.
Tommy C

Re:

Postby Tommy C on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:47 am

dick head

Quoting covertassassin from 15:31, 6th Feb 2008
Am I the only person here that thinks Kaleb were shite?

Its a sad day when a band can only get gigs in its home town (and duh, take the hint), mainly due to 3 lame old diehards promoting the cause all the time.

Hell, let H change it, they might become good and stop slaughtering old maiden covers. My god, the old kaleb were dated for 1984, and they werent even around that far back.

Jeez.
Tommy C

Re:

Postby Chuckles on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:47 am

Hopefully there will be a cracking gig in Edinburgh too with the mighty Ex Machina provided EDG&R come good. Date to be confirmed!
Chuckles

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:21 pm

What's the venue?

[hr]

munchingfoo

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Check out the spike when Matt left. I know its coincedence but its rather funny. :P

http://www.google.com/trends?q=kaleb

On a lighter note, "Jim Hates Gays" wasn't searched for enough to put on a graph :(

[hr]

munchingfoo

PreviousNext

Return to Rocksoc