Home

TheSinner.net

Download festival

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Download festival

Postby Thalia on Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 am

Anyone thinking of going or gone before from here? I've been offered a job there which gets the cost of a ticket reimbursed but it looks like getting there's gonna cost me.

And, yes, for those who know me, I do have a car, so i suppose i could offer lifts to people but a 7 hour drive isn't something i'd volunteer for lightly :P

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dark_Soul on Fri May 09, 2008 2:40 am

I just want to see Jonathan Davies since the git cancelled his solo tour in Britian :(

[hr]Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Dark_Soul

Re:

Postby H on Fri May 09, 2008 5:53 am

You may find it actually works out cheaper to fly Edinburgh to East Midlands Airport, which is just down the road from Castle Donington...

[hr]

"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri May 09, 2008 9:19 am

The numbers looked appealing at first but then there are £40 in taxes added on top of that so the flight works out at not much less than the train.

Bit annoying really - looks like it's gonna cost me more to get there than i'm spending to get to Paris :-P

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby H on Fri May 09, 2008 9:41 am

Gaay. Blame the government...well it was cheaper at one point anyway...

[hr]

H

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri May 09, 2008 10:13 am

Well i could have gotten it a bit cheaper if i'd gone on different days, but if i'm working there then i've to be there for Wednesday and can't leave till after midday on Monday.

[hr]

--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Fri May 09, 2008 11:58 am

Headliners: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Download_Festival#Download_2008

As usual most of the festival is 12 different types of shite but with KISS, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Children Of Bodom and Saxon playing I'd say it's the best Download I've heard of for a long time!! I wish I could go!

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby fluffy on Sat May 10, 2008 11:58 pm

the best download in a long time? last year there was marilyn manson, buckcherry, and lots of lovely people... turisas!! this year is a big bunch of emo shites, and the only reason for going is KISS and children of bodom...... ho hum...

[hr]

dev ksereis, alla eimai trella erotebmevei mazi sou..
dev ksereis, alla eimai trella erotebmevei mazi sou..
fluffy

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sun May 11, 2008 2:19 pm

Not that Marilyn Manson, buckcherry and turisas aren't reasons to go to Download. But this year is as good a reason as any in my book. It's not often you'll get that bunch of awesomeness in one go on these fair shores.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Return to Rocksoc