Home

TheSinner.net

Rock band?

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Rock band?

Postby Catriona on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:03 pm

Wello =]

Firstly apologies if this is not the right place to post this, maybe it should be musfund or elsewhere... Or if it counts as an 'advert', apologies to the admin and please delete (I have read the terms and conditions above honest! *obedient face*).

...I was just wondering if any of you cool RockSoc-ly inclined peoples played any instruments? Not necesarily to any great standard, beginner, whatever =]

I am a (fairly rubbish really, but enthusiastic! :D) drummer, currently in a rock/metal band, but band members are abandoning us for Edinburgh uni :(. Also just got my hands on a bass guitar. So was wondering if any other StAndrewsish peoples would be interested in maybe starting a band at uni? Or knew where to find other willing rock musicians / beginnners?

My "influences" are from Snow Patrol and Oasis to Metallica (shamefully I have just learned to play a Rihanna song as well, but I probably shouldn't mention that amongst a metal crowd... haha) and Lordi... Listen to many types of music from pretty heavy to acousticish. So up for attempting to drum in any style really :D

Aye... That's about it really. Get back to me here if any of this sounds fun =]

Once again many apologies to admin if this is posted in the wrong place.
Catriona

Re: Rock band?

Postby Alex`G on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Hey

Im trying to form a metal/rock band atm. Will probably be leaning towards the progressive side aka tool,opeth,muse but also perhaps with some regular metal thrown in for good measure.

I personally am a guitarist of no particular skill and also have another keyboad/guitarist who is also interested. Basically the idea would be just to have a couple of sessions a week just jammin out some tunes.

Im sticking posters up at the next rocksoc(if thats permitted) so might cyas there :)

Alex
Alex`G

Postby Ailios on Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:00 am

I'm a guitarist although I'd probably be more inclined towards the Iron Maiden/Metallica style of playing.
Ailios

Postby AliceChalliner on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:18 pm

post this on the "musfund" forum....lots of people are on there looking for band mates at the mo.

xAlice
AliceChalliner

Return to Rocksoc