Home

TheSinner.net

Iron Maiden documentary film: Flight 666

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Iron Maiden documentary film: Flight 666

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:23 am

"British heavy rock legends, Iron Maiden, in association with Banger Productions, EMI Records, Universal (USA) and Arts Alliance Media, announce that they will be releasing a feature length documentary film into cinemas worldwide on April 21st 2009."

Heavy rock, heh :laugh: Well, that's straight from ironmaiden.com itself - http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... cleid=1058

Also trailer here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=r113duF0SXE

The film follows Maiden on their last huge worldwide tour and was made by the same people who produced 'Metal, a Headbangers Journey', which is excellent and should be seen. It sounds awesome and I'll be watching it for sure, the only disappointing thing is that this "most ambitious and adventurous tour in rock history" never once played in the UK :(
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re: Iron Maiden documentary film: Flight 666

Postby ExVPH on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:55 pm

They played Twickenham dom!
ExVPH

Postby Power Metal Dom on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Yeah? I assumed they hadn't because they list all the stops on the tour at the bottom of the page I linked to and we're not on there
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Postby Ailios on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:29 pm

The dates at the bottom of their page are upcoming gigs, so it will be the South American ones I think?

The real dissapointment was only playing Twickenham in the UK so one can hope after them winning best Live Act in the brits they might return us the favour.

It was cheaper for me to attend Graspop festival for 3 days and all that, than to stay overnight in London and attend Twickenham!
Ailios

Postby NickWhittle on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Most adventurous tour my arse, I'm sure the World Slavery Tour was 'more adventurous'....

That said, will be seeing Maiden at Wacken this year for the 3rd time..... :laugh:
NickWhittle

Return to Rocksoc