Home

TheSinner.net

Party!!!

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Party!!!

Postby Bouncy Blonde Maniac on Tue May 20, 2003 12:33 pm

HELLO!

Its Trev here, just thought I'd invite you all to mine and Ravs party in Edinburgh (Rav apparently tried inviting you already, but obviously you need some poking to come, god dammit in my day we didn't need asking twice...) Its provisionally on the 5/6th July in Edinburgh, venue to be announced soon (but there will be full disco setup).

I'd love to catch up with everyone, and to any 1st years I don't know, feel free to come along and I can regale you with tales from the dawn of time (OK 1991, but you'd have been what 6?) about the Rocksoc Old Farts (many of whom will hopefully be coming). I also challange any of you young wippersnappers to outbounce me, can't be done, hehe... let the fun begin :)

For those of you that actually need a reason for a huge party, its my 30th (30... I can't work out where all the bloody time went...) and Rav will be a Doctor (wahey!).

THE IMPORTANT BIT: What we need from you is a reply saying wether you can make it or not. I'm also looking for suggestions for music, I'm not promising anything, but I'd like to know what people would like.
Bouncy Blonde Maniac

Re:

Postby Decadence on Tue May 20, 2003 12:46 pm

Indeed...

Well, come on then, now that both of us have posted essentially the same thread, somebody had better reply, and say yes, or... Ummm, well I suppose we'll get drunk without you then >;}

Anyway, yes, people come along... Anyone, anyone a tall is welcome, as long as they aren't trying to actively kill us >;}

As far as music goes...

Mwahahahahahhhahahahahahaha

D.

[hr]"Yes, I am an agent of Satan,
But my duties are largely ceremonial."

... Thus spake the Cardinal of Decadence
Decadence

Re:

Postby Kitten on Tue May 20, 2003 4:57 pm

dammit! what's wrong with people? why is nobody using a perfectly good reason for a piss up and bouncing session. HELLO! anybody actually out there? I know you are, coz I see most of you on a regular basis. Get a grip and come to the sodding party folks, it's gonna be massive!
nevermind about the money...it's the penguins he's after, the ones you've got hidden in yer wookie!
Kitten

Re:

Postby Bouncy Blonde Maniac on Wed May 21, 2003 8:15 am

Thanks Fhi :)

I know whats sure to get students to come...

FREE BEER!

Actually I'll see about getting some bottles of champagne or something. If I'm gonna spend money on a party, might as well make it a good one...

Who's left in St Andrews anyway? It occurs to me that its been a while since I left so there's probably not so many peeps around. I know you haven't all left, the Italian is lurking in Dundee by all accounts...
Bouncy Blonde Maniac

Re:

Postby Kitten on Wed May 21, 2003 2:34 pm

Hate to spoil the idea Trev, but the Italian, commonly known as "Filth" has buggered off back down to Windsor leaving us all. *pout* um... as for who's still around, loads of peeps. Who you interested in and I'll let you know?

Free beer is such a good plan by the way, even more reason to come to the party. Had any more replies yet?
nevermind about the money...it's the penguins he's after, the ones you've got hidden in yer wookie!
Kitten

Re:

Postby Bouncy Blonde Maniac on Thu May 22, 2003 2:52 pm

Yes, I've had about 10 people say they are coming and Rav about 30 (I maintain its not because he's more popular, but because he actually starting inviting people a month ago and I only just got back from lazing about on the beach... anyway most of the people he invited I would have anyway {except that cunt Bennet})

Let everyone know, the more the merrier, the only exceptions being (as Rav says) those who are actively seeking our demise, or anyone that we owe money, or will hit us if they see us... hmmm , thats probably most people... oh well..

Anyone listened to new Manson album yet? Should I buy the version with DVD?
What about Evansence? What other hot bands are there?
Oh and have Machine Gun Fellatio made it over there yet? I'll probably be playing Pussy Town...
Bouncy Blonde Maniac

Re:

Postby Kitten on Thu May 22, 2003 3:09 pm

ok. I've got the Manson album and it's not too bad, quite a loud album, but yeah. I've not had a chance to watch the dvd yet though. Evanescence is a must, I bought the album a few days ago and have been unable to stop listaning to it, it's just that good. Gotta go revise, bloody exams, I hate them, especially at 9:30 in the bloody morning.
Kitten

I don't know what I am doing

Postby 'TTJ' on Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:49 pm

Um...hi. I am very confused by this whole spacey, new age, message board. I don't understand what a thread is and I don't know who this bear is...fuzzy, what, mad, crazy bear. Only here did I finally find names I recognise, Rav, Trev, hello, sorry to interrupt your conversation.
I just wanted to say I'm glad and surprised you made it to 30 Trev, and equally glad and surprised you made doctor Rav. Well done to both.
I am still in South Africa at the moment but I hope your party was LLAARRGGE.
To anyone I know...well hello there, how are YOU? I am fine, thank you, not as yet consumed by sharks or drowned by whales, but it is early days.
It feels weird talking to no-one so I shall stop. Goodbye. I will visit this site more often. I will say though, I was impressed that this message board had 4649 messages on it! In my day when people left St Andrews they simply disappeared, and that's why my generation never wanted to leave, because we secretly thought they'd all died when they left St Andrews.
Jenna (Sister Temptation to those of the church).
'TTJ'

Re:

Postby TheMadBear on Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:51 pm

I'm sure you would have been eaten by a shark by now....

Will try and come to the party guys, depending on funds

Danny

[hr]It can't rain all the time - The Crow
TheMadBear

Re:

Postby Bouncy Blonde Maniac on Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:52 pm

Jenna, the Party is on the 5th of July, which would enable you to come. I know its quite a long way from South Africa, but if you start jogging now you might just make it... ;)

Danny (and any other poor students), lack of fundage is not a valid excuse, so any of you that would like to come, but REALLY can't afford to make it I will get you a train ticket and see about crash space. There is a chance I will be somewhere in the vicinity of Dundee and St Andrews on the 4th to see Ex Machina, and I might even have managed to aquire vehicular transport, which would be nice...

I also suggest somebody club Kev over the head (or possibly just buy him a pint) until he agrees to drive you down... (thats presuming he's coming I don't know the latest yes list...)
Bouncy Blonde Maniac

Re:

Postby Decadence on Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:55 pm

Yes, there's no excuse!!!

It's not that far from St Andrews, and there's bound to be some crash space around (don't ask me though, I'm sorting everything else out EXCEPT where people are staying >;})

Anyone who is planning on coming, please mail me off-list, so I can add your name to the mailing list (preferably in the next couple of days, definitely by the end of the week)...

At present, the count of bodies is:

And I need people to spend £1000 at the bar, or they take more money off me! SO come down and drink, ya bastards!!!!

D.

PS: Hi Jen >;}

Decadence

Re:

Postby Decadence on Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:44 pm

Ok, for those who have decided to get off their arses and party:

Date: 5th July
Time: Bar opens @ 1900; chucking out @ 0100
Place: The Counting House, West Nicholson St, Edinburgh (Above The Blind Poet; next to The Pear Tree)
Dress To Distress

Almost everything is now sorted out... Me and Trev will be providing the music for you to get drunk to... So come along...

If you don't... Well, then you'll miss a huge party, and that'll be your problem then, won't it? (Sorry, couldn't think of plausible, yet witty threat!) >;}

Hope to see some of you people there

D.

Decadence

Re:

Postby Imp on Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:50 pm

JENNA!!!

p.s. sorry Rav, i can't come due to reasons but much congratulations on achieving doctor status. I hope bob is doing well and than Mr Bradshaw is also well (despite not having spoken to him in a really long time...)

Rachel
Imp

MY OLD FRIEND RACHEL!!

Postby 'TTJ' on Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:33 pm

Hey Rach!!!
Ooh this is quite exciting! Now I like this messageboard!
Miss ya loads, hope you are well and groovy,
Jen
xxxx HUGE kisses and cuddles xxxx

PS/ Danny, Rav, hellos. I saw the old Fopp is on another 'thread', I can't believe he's still alive.
'TTJ'

Re:

Postby Portly Steve on Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:58 pm

[s]Unregisted User 'TTJ' wrote on 19:03, 19th Jun 2003:
PS/ Danny, Rav, hellos. I saw the old Fopp is on another 'thread', I can't believe he's still alive.

You perhaps expected him to be otherwise disposed?
Portly Steve

Re:

Postby Dave on Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:30 pm

[s]Unregisted User Portly Steve wrote on 13:38, 20th Jun 2003:You perhaps expected him to be otherwise disposed?

Shouldn't that be "diposed of"?
Dave

Re:

Postby Decadence on Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:10 pm

Ok...

The one obstacle to my personal partying has now been removed...

I received my final results earlier today...

And you may now refer to me as Doctor >;}

Scary, ain't it >;}

D.

Decadence

Re:

Postby Dave on Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:22 am

[s]Decadence wrote on 19:10, 20th Jun 2003:And you may now refer to me as Doctor >;}

Fat congatulations mate. I'm about to submit, which is nice.
Dave

Curious

Postby Fop on Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:34 pm

[/i]

Hiya Jen,
Yes indeed I, Fop, Cardinal Deviance of the CoS, etc am still alive and capable of all sorts of intriguing licentiousness, but now I've got a whole world rather than a hamlet to play with. By the way, do what the man says, there's still time if you start jogging.
Fop

Re:

Postby Decadence on Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:23 pm

13 days to go

Dr D.

Decadence

Next

Return to Rocksoc