Home

TheSinner.net

Lets bitch!!

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Lets bitch!!

Postby Endemoniada on Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:28 pm

In the words of the now gone and dearly missed Mansun, You! Who Do Hate?

Join me in a ceremonious bitching about bands in the charts today. Who sucks big fat hairy bobbin man-ass?

My choices -

The Thrills (I don't see it, what is the obssession people have with this band? They are dull!!)

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs (not only are they the worst (and ugliest) band since the Pet Shop Boys, but, everyone in the music press loves them!)

Stereophonics (they were shit, then they got worse, then in a drastic career change they grew their hair a bit long... and they're still shit)

I've shat better music.

Endemoniada
Endemoniada

Re:

Postby Cloud on Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:47 pm

I second all the above and would like to add:

The Vines
The Datsuns
Evanescense or however the hell you spell it
and (controversially)...

Radiohead.

I seriously can't listen to anyuthing by Radiohead (I own all the albums and a few live sets) without getting immensely bored, the new album pisses me off and the fact that they do the same setlist on every gig of the current tour and festivals really annoys me! This band used to be dangerous. Urg.

Rant over.
[s]I want your skulls[/s]
Cloud

Re:

Postby EviLTwiN on Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:24 pm

i hate:

1.courtney love (well laugh at/hate)
2.all those new pop-punk bands exploding onto mtv2 like a population of rabbits.
3.creed, and most other "standium rock bands" in the same vein.
4.stereophonics

oh and after looking at clouds list i remembered i hate Evanescense and the vines...

...damn, had almost managed to completely forget they existed.

[hr]IMAGE:www.red-llama.com/eviltwin/iam.jpg
[s]http://www.red-llama.com/eviltwin [rar!]......http://www.feedbacking.com
http://www.red-llama.com/eviltwin/photogallery.htm
[/s]
EviLTwiN

Re:

Postby Cloud on Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:30 pm

Are The Vines still around? Or did they actually implode at the start of this year? I must admit I was jumping for joy when I read the words "the future of the band is uncertain because of Craigs twatish antics"

Ha! Twatish indeed!

I hate them
Cloud

Re:

Postby Blessed Benediction on Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:10 pm

The Vines are alright. the music may not be overly good, but Craig at least looks & even acts the part to an extent. they also play grungey stuff which is always welcome to me. if Craig is a twat then he gets my respect for that reason on it's own.

Evanescence are cool. a rock band at number 1 for 4 weeks running. who was the last rock band who did that? they perform on Top of the Pops with candles. the last 'band' i remember doing that was Boyzone with Love Me For a Reason.

Courtney Love is fucking great. she can play the guitar & has a cool attitude. Hole wrote great songs (sometimes) & she makes headlines too.

i'm not too concerned with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but their guitarist looks cool. he's so nonchalant. he plays the guitar with barely an ounce of effort. it may not sound spectacular but it doesn't look too bad.

the Pet Shop Boys rock. they've helped & inspired many top bands, notably the likes of VNV Nation. they're funny & have that attitude which makes them cool. Neil Tennant also sang on Electronic's self-titled debut which ups his credibility even more.

all the above listed bands all share something in common. they all seem to have a cool attitude (if you ask me), with the exception of Evanescence who are new on the scene so i can't comment on their attitude too much yet.

i can't really think of any bands i really hate. many folk don't get it that when you hate a band you're actually giving them a good deal of credit. there are a few bands who i don't care too much for.

[hr]watches should have a smiley face on them as it's always time to be happy
Blessed Benediction

Re:

Postby Cloud on Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:44 pm

You never fail to amaze me Benedict. I'm not even going to bother telling you where you went wrong. But thanks for completely ignoring the point of this thread.

The Vines, don't make me laugh.
Cloud

Re:

Postby Endemoniada on Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:13 pm

[s]Blessed Benediction wrote on 00:10, 29th Jun 2003:
Evanescence are cool. a rock band at number 1 for 4 weeks running. who was the last rock band who did that?

Limp Biskit. Chad Kroeger. Need I go on?

And Courtney Love is a slag who has never writen a good song, and I fail to see any similarities between the Pet Shop Boys and VNV Nation. They both use synths? Is that it? VNV Nation were inspired by the likes of Apoptygma Berzerk, The Missionm and Front Line Assembly. I guess there's some Skinny Puppy in there too. A little. Thye are what is known as an 'industrial club' band. The Pet Shop Boys were a dance-pop band deservedly placed in the same category as Erasure, Yaz, Scritti Politti and Frankie Goes To Hollywood. You cannot tell me that VNV Nation were inspired by Yaz!
The only similarity is that you can dance to them.

In the words of my main man Cloud -
Rant over.
Period
Endemoniada

Re:

Postby Cloud on Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:37 pm

Endemoniada, you rule

Whoever you are...
;-)
Cloud

Re:

Postby Blessed Benediction on Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:21 pm

'You never fail to amaze me Benedict. I'm not even going to bother telling you where you went wrong. But thanks for completely ignoring the point of this thread.'

well, you know me. always like to spread a bit of harmony around. therefore i feel the need to dilute the hatred on this thread a bit. & surely i shouldn't have to conform to the thread if i so please. i didn't 'miss the point', i just chose not to play along. (sorry, just felt i should clarify what i intended)

anyway, the fact that i go contrary to the point of the thread let's folk bitch about me, therefore enforcing i am essentially playing along as well.

'The Vines, don't make me laugh.'

they did their Ms Jackson cover on channel 4 last night & it sounded dead nice. real calm & almost ambient.

'Limp Biskit. Chad Kroeger. Need I go on?'

good point, indeed in fact. i needn't defend Evanescence too much here though as there are plenty on this board who like them too.

'And Courtney Love is a slag who has never writen a good song'

harsh. & i beg to differ. the whole of Live Through This, Beautiful Son, Teenage Whore & Garbage Man were are all great songs, even if she didn't write them in their entirety, they wouldn't have existed without her for sure.

'I fail to see any similarities between the Pet Shop Boys and VNV Nation.'

well don't quote me on this one, but i read somewhere that one of the songs on VNV's Praise the Fallen (i think) was based on Suburbia by the Pet Shop Boys. i don't know which VNV song it was though. perhaps someone else here may know. the song may have used the chord sequence from Suburbia or something.

Blessed Benediction

Re:

Postby Endemoniada on Sun Jun 29, 2003 6:23 pm

Whatever.
Endemoniada

Re:

Postby EviLTwiN on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:45 pm

"go west, life is peaceful there, go west,... benedict"

sorry couldn't help it! :P
EviLTwiN

Re:

Postby Blessed Benediction on Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:05 pm

it's appreciated. the world feels an altogether safer place as a result.

Blessed Benediction

Re:

Postby Sebastian on Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:13 am

Cloud - do you think perhaps you could stop being such an obnoxious ass for one minute?
Sebastian

Re:

Postby Decadence on Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:47 am

It has to be said that Evanescence are an actualy rock band (and a rather good one at that), compared to the nu-metal crap of Limp Bizkit and the emo-whining of Chad Kroeger...

But anyway, now onto the rant... What do I hate, eh? That's asking a dangerous question...

It's good to see people are now beginning to realise that Radiohead are shite (finally!!)... I had this thought a decade ago when I saw them support James in Manchester, and they got totally blown away... Ok, at the time they were touring in support of their first album, Pablo Honey, so I'll give them some leeway on being totally inept... Actually, no, I won't... They were shit then, they're shit now, and they should all be shot for crimes against humanity...

I won't get involved in this VNV Nation/Pet Shop Boys malarkey... Although I will say just this:

VNV Nation = fuckin' brilliant
Pet Shop Boys = 2nd rate pop-pap

Need anyone say any more? Didn't think so...

Let's see, what else? I think I've covered my antipathy to anyting nu-metal many times before, so we'll skip it this time...

Pop-punk... Now there's a viable target!!! Why is it, whenever I flick through the cable tv channels, and I always think 'oh, I wonder if there's anything on mtv2 or kerrang' (stupid and naive, I knw, but hey >;}) is there always some bunch of kids who think jumping around and sticking their middle finger up (I blame Offspring for that, and them alone) makes a good video? I mean for the most part, they all seem to have one catchy hook in their song, and then into oblivion with them... Ared they rock/metal's version of the disposable one-hit wonder?

Ok, I can't think anymore, and since I have woken up this morning with this kind of attitude, I hate to think what the rest of the day will bring >;}

D.

[hr]"Yes, I am an agent of Satan,
But my duties are largely ceremonial."

... Thus spake the Cardinal of Decadence
Decadence

Re:

Postby Portly Steve on Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:06 pm

[s]Blessed Benediction wrote on 00:10, 29th Jun 2003:
The Vines are alright.

Evanescence are cool.

Courtney Love is fucking great. ...& has a cool attitude.

i'm not too concerned with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, ...but it doesn't look too bad.

Pet Shop Boys rock...they've helped & inspired many top bands...they're funny & ...cool.

i can't comment on their attitude too much yet.

i can't really think of any bands i really hate.

(abv.)

I fear a point has been missed here. Were you just having a nice day or have the years of skunk abuse finally mellowed you beyond all hope? Come, join me in essex, that'll get your fear and loathing up again, it would make a devout satanist out of the even the most fwuffy bunny.

As for Evanescene? Like all other examples of its type, christian "rock" is insidious and distinctly evil. You sit and listen, mildly entertained by a novel melody or daring little riff, not noticing the lyrics and their cunningly crafted meaning. Before long you are feeling good about the world, feeling invigorated by the warm glow of self affirmation, you are now a unique and beautiful snowflake. Not just another mortal trudging through lifes' darker and seedier recesses.

The devils' music (the historical name of anything inspired by the tools of Leo Fender) is the devils' own. So celebrate your obssesion with darkness, and take that bright light of hope some place else, it's starting to hurt my eyes

Thus Spake Portly
Portly Steve

Re:

Postby Cloud on Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:11 pm

[s]Sebastian wrote on 08:13, 30th Jun 2003:
Cloud - do you think perhaps you could stop being such an obnoxious ass for one minute?

I'm sorry, I really do try you know.
Cloud

Re:

Postby Endemoniada on Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:12 pm

Back to the original point of this thread, another band I cannot stand is 'A'

Thank you.

And leave Cloud alone, he's my baby.
Endemoniada

Re:

Postby little missy on Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:18 pm

Shit! Are Evanescence Christian?! I hate it when things reveal themselves as Christians when I didn't realise before. I feel so cheated and violated.

Hmm, I suppose I can't bitch about Christians though...can I?
little missy

Re:

Postby Cloud on Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:37 pm

Evanescenceskithingy are Christian but that doesn't make them bad. I personally do not like their brand of inoffensive pop-rock which relies more on image than on actual songs, never have.

But, isn't it strange how most "Christian Rock" bands suck donkey balls? Creed for instance?

Neutral Milk Hotel are good, even though their most Christian song, which features the line "I love you Jesus Christ" over and over again, does get really annoying and is probably the worst song they have ever recorded.

And for the record, I hate Andrew WK.
Cloud

Re:

Postby Cain on Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:39 pm

[s]Endemoniada wrote on 13:12, 30th Jun 2003:
Back to the original point of this thread, another band I cannot stand is 'A'

No - I can stand this no longer.

I may be beatne with bricks in socks, but I like Hi-Fi serious. They might be a crap band, but i think that that is a great album. there's a few dud tracks, like the Springs and took it away, but hi-fi serious, nothing, pacific ocean blue and shut yer face and good songs. Nothing is an outstanding song. So good, i translated it into German, just for a laugh.

As if that wasn't enough, I like the pet shop boys, even though there last two albums were mostly pants, with only a couple (literally) of good songs on either one.

[hr]
Geben mir liebe! Geben mir Haut!
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Next

Return to Rocksoc