Home

TheSinner.net

Rocksoc night

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Rocksoc night

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:06 pm

Is the rocksoc night worth going to? I have never been and may go tonight.

Thank you

Re:

Postby benedict on Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:31 pm

in more words than are strictly necessary, yes. RockSoc is worth going to. probably a predictable answer i guess but would you expect anything less.

you can dance however you want really, i find there's more freedom than at other similar events/nights/venues. the music will not necessarily be what you want but half the fun of going is for getting to hear & dance to songs you haven't heard before.

everyone's pretty decent & hopefully folk will talk to you. although some of them are more scary than others. RockSoc is more than just the 'discos' as there are all the parties, hanging around the now slightly non-existent RockSoc Corner (it will be back), & stuff like trips to see bands like Iron Maiden (or any other band).

the next will be the last before christmas (thursday 18th December). incidentally, if you did turn up on the day you were referring to (4th December) then i hope you enjoyed it & stuck around.

you can always introduce yourself on this here board. come to RockSoc, you know you want to. try it you might like it. & all that stuff.
benedict

Re:

Postby Rectalprobe on Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:57 pm

i completely agree with my long haired friend

Rocksoc is the best society in st andrews. You can go and do (almost) what you want and not get judged.

You can dance like a fool and unlike in the bop (booo hiss scum etc...) you wont get judged if you have the rhytm of an old man touching an electrical fence.

You should all go

It should be made compulsory

LISTEN TO ME DAMMIT IM GOD!!!!!
Rectalprobe

Re:

Postby benedict on Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:53 pm

'if you have the rhytm of an old man touching an electrical fence.'

God, i'd pay to see that.
benedict

Re:

Postby Portly Steve on Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:51 pm

[s]benedict wrote on 13:53, 11th Dec 2003:
God, i'd pay to see that.

I have, best 20 quid I've ever spent

[hr]
[s]
Fear is the Mindkiller
Fear is the little death that brings total oblivion
[/s]
Portly Steve

Re:

Postby Liz on Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:36 pm

I did go on the 4th, and will probably go on the 18th. How many members are there?
Anyone like my ruin? im off to see them tonight at rios, will be lots of fun!

By the way, I'm Liz, hello
Liz

Re:

Postby benedict on Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:08 pm

how many members in RockSoc? there must be something like over 200 i'd guess. i'm member number 159 if that's a clue to anything. on the subject of My Ruin, do they play any Tura Satana songs at their shows?
benedict

Re:

Postby Liz on Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:53 am

They did at the early shows, but now they have a lot more material than tura satana did, so they don't bother.

Tarrie B did mention them, personally I loved tura satana, but I think my ruin are better, the show was fantastic!
Liz

Re:

Postby RockSocXP on Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:21 pm

Semester 2 and I shall once again be a member of this fine esteemed society. Sigh I love RockSoc
RockSocXP

Return to Rocksoc