Home

TheSinner.net

John Lydon

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

John Lydon

Postby SiouxieSioux on Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:53 pm

Hes on I'm a celebrity get me out of here? How bad is that. I know hes sold out in the past but this really is the icing on the cake. The funniest thing is Peter Andre and Jordon are it too. He'll rip them to shreads, unless hes meaning to win of course.

[hr]Harry: Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky. Well, do ya punk?"

Peter Venkman:We've been going about this all wrong. This Mister Stay-Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York. We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble!
'Silly Rabbit....Trix are for Kids!'
SiouxieSioux

Re:

Postby benedict on Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:37 pm

he's been told not to swear much or something.
benedict

Re:

Postby SiouxieSioux on Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:44 pm

[s]benedict wrote on 17:37, 21st Jan 2004:
he's been told not to swear much or something.

lol but his blatant use of extremities would be worthwhile entertainment.

[hr]
Harry: Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky. Well, do ya punk?"
SiouxieSioux

Re:

Postby benedict on Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:00 pm

the one that slipped out on the Bill Grundy show certainly had an effect & that was as innocuous as you could get. the power of effective understatement.
benedict

Re:

Postby SiouxieSioux on Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:18 pm

I do like the way hes all too happy to tell someone they are shit, whilst coyly smoking a cigarette.

[hr]Harry: Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky. Well, do ya punk?"
SiouxieSioux

Re:

Postby Mark on Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:57 am

When exactly did Lydon 'sell out'? Yeah, he's a cock. But he always was, and to his credit, never pretended to be anything he wasn't. Sure, it's initially embarrassing, seeing one of the heroes from 'our' world on such a crappy platform as 'I'm a nonentity, put me on television', but be honest with yourselves. Thinking of culture in terms of 'us' and 'them' simply reinforces the childish tribalism which is part of the reason things are as shitty as they are in the first place.

People are people; some are alright, some are cunts. Nothing else matters: gender, race, musical preference... Use that as your basis for supporting people/bands/whatever, rather than any kind of spurious 'scene' endorsement: that way you'll avoid having to say things like "well, Linkin Park may be shit, but it's good to see a rock band on TOTP".

NO IT'S NOT! Linkin Park are shit: therefore, it's disappointing to see another SHIT band (rock or otherwise) on TOTP. New Order/(insert name of good pop band here - there's plenty of the fuckers, just like there're plenty of shit rock bands) are a GOOD band: therefore, it's nice to see good music on TOTP for a change. GOOD, not ROCK. Quality, not Association. Listen and learn, people. My way is Truth.

Selah.

MARK
Mark

Re:

Postby SiouxieSioux on Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:21 am

Of course Lydon has always been a cunt and that was one of the refreshing aspects of his 'celebrity'. Hes not stupid either and hes possibly got far more adventurous reasons for going on that show. I think they should have evil Malcolm McClaren on too. Imagine the publicity. However, I doubt whether a percentage of the audience watching know who McClaren is, let alone the significance of Lydon in pop culture history. Vive Le Rock.

[hr]IMAGE:www.img7.photobucket.com/albums/v21/macphista/rotk_press_dance.jpg
Harry: Ah-ah, I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky. Well, do ya punk?
SiouxieSioux

Return to Rocksoc