Home

TheSinner.net

2004's most anticipated albums

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

2004's most anticipated albums

Postby Cloud on Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:26 am

Well, what albums are you lovely people looking forward to this year?

For me there's new releases by the wonderful Sonic Youth, Bjork, Bad Religion, And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead all scheduled for this summer.

Trent Reznor is once again teaching/testing patience by constantly changing his mind about when to release the new Nine Inch Nails album (June, July, next January...). System Of A Down are working on new material which is reportedly going to shock everyone by being "an amazing departure from previous work"... but every band says that don't they?

Unpronounceable US dance-punk collective !!! are releasing their second album 'Louden Up Now' in june, which I have heard the leak online and can say it's very funky and booty-shake-inducing.

The fantastic art-punk legends Mission Of Burma return with their first album in 22 years, and their second overall (productive eh?) titled OnOffOn which has also leaked onto the internet and is very very good. How can a band who haven't been together for 22 years be so forward thinking?

And for the rap fans out there this summer sees the release of the Beastie Boys politically-charged, George-Bush-baiting 6th album featuring such fantastic rhymes as "Hey, could you please pass me the peas? And let me get a tissue if you think you're gonna sneeze".... wow.

For all punk fans out there the new Descendents album is brilliant. Enough said.

Anything else?

[hr][s]I want your skulls[/s]
[s]I want your skulls[/s]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Rectalprobe on Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:58 pm

For me it has to be the new slipknot album and also the new papa roach album.

I am also looking forward to chiamara and killswitch engages new albuims with wet anticipation.

:D
Rectalprobe

Re:

Postby otsegolectric on Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:11 pm

The new Cure album for sure...also new material by Fear Factory and a new Cradle Of Filth album should make the light of day which I am definitely looking forward to!
otsegolectric

Re:

Postby shivaree on Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:09 pm

Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster. The single got released for Mister Mental, but I've got no clue when the album will drop. ARGH! Enough with the waiting.
shivaree

Re:

Postby Captain_Spanky on Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:40 am

Let's see, Cradle Of Filth, Slipknot, Insane Clown Posse, Tool (if that makes it this year), The Dream Theater live DVDs and the Kill BIll Vol 2 Soundtrack are all being looked forward to by yours truely.

[hr]You two bitches shut the fuck up and start arguing over who's gonna suck my dick first. Loser can make me a sandwich.
Beatrice - Darling. Dearest. Dead.
Captain_Spanky

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:27 am

I'm waiting for Rival Schools to make a follow up. It's about bloody time!

It would be good if The Pixies could squeeze out an album as well.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Cloud on Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:58 pm

[s]Captain_Spanky wrote on 10:40, 14th Apr 2004:
Let's see, Cradle Of Filth, Slipknot, Insane Clown Posse, Tool (if that makes it this year), The Dream Theater live DVDs and the Kill BIll Vol 2 Soundtrack are all being looked forward to by yours truely.

[hr]You two bitches shut the fuck up and start arguing over who's gonna suck my dick first. Loser can make me a sandwich.

Kill Bill 2 soundtrack has leaked to the internet, it's good, but not as good as the first one. The new Slipknot single is on the website and I think it sounds horrible but there you go. Tool news on mtv.com last week - the band minus Maynard have been jamming and writing ideas for songs. In 3 months time when A Perfect Circle are done touring they will write proper songs and head to the studio to record shortly afterwards. The album will likely be finished by the end of the year but perhaps not released. They have a new dvd coming out this year though which should be good.

[hr]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Doctor Mott on Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:01 pm

You should all go out and buy/stay in and steal the Scissor sisters album. It wins.
Doctor Mott

Re:

Postby bubba on Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:19 pm

Pixies have a best of coming out soon (or is it already out) titled 'wave of mutilation' also a live dvd is coming out.
Who is John Galt?
bubba

Re:

Postby Cloud on Thu May 20, 2004 5:13 pm

Albums of the year so far -

1) Sonic Youth - Sonic Nurse
2) Mission Of Burma - On Off On
3) Les Savy Fav - Inches
4) Animal Collective - Sung Tongs
5) Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Honourable mentions to Madvillain for being the best hiphop album of the last 5 years, !!! for releasing the most danceable album, and Black Eyes for being completely insane.

[hr][s]I want your skulls[/s]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Uncle_Matula on Sat May 22, 2004 2:07 pm

Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey, Morrissey! Morrissey.

Morrissey.
Uncle_Matula

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Sat May 22, 2004 2:34 pm

Helmet apparently have a new album coming out this summer which I'm definately looking forward to!
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Sun May 23, 2004 11:19 pm

[s]Uncle_Matula wrote on 15:07, 22nd May 2004:
Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey, Morrissey! Morrissey.

Morrissey.

Yes- he's just fabulous, and I've been waiting years for this album.

I wasn't disappointed, but I've already talked about it at length elsewhere...
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Tue May 25, 2004 10:26 am

Morrissey is cool, The Smiths were great. You are the quarry seems like an improvement on his last few solo efforts.

I am excited as I can't stop listening to Killswitch Engage's album Alive or Just Breathing. I am looking forward to checking out their new one 'The end of Heartache'. A great album for hardcore freaks like me, or metalheads to get into. Has rocksoc ever played their album, or are they too busy worshipping Marilyn Munster to notice?

Come on guys!

Check out Shadows Fall as well.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Cloud on Tue May 25, 2004 2:43 pm

[s]Fugaziboy wrote on 11:26, 25th May 2004:
I am excited as I can't stop listening to Killswitch Engage's album Alive or Just Breathing. I am looking forward to checking out their new one 'The end of Heartache'

Guess what? I can't decide whether EOH is better then AOJB, it changes from day to day. Each album is near perfection.

[hr]
Cloud

Re:

Postby benedict on Tue May 25, 2004 4:46 pm

'Has rocksoc ever played their album, or are they too busy worshipping Marilyn Munster to notice?'

indeed they have played some. it's actually how i found out about the band. when it finished i asked what it was & was told it was Killswitch Engage.

also Skinny Puppy's latest LP Greater Wrong of the Right has now been released (at least in America), so that'll be worth picking up soon. New Order are making progress on their follow up to Get Ready as well.
benedict

Re:

Postby Cloud on Tue May 25, 2004 5:14 pm

[s]benedict wrote on 17:46, 25th May 2004:
New Order are making progress on their follow up to Get Ready as well.

"More dance-based than Get Ready" apparently. Ooooh, says I

[hr]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Wed May 26, 2004 11:00 am

[s]Cloud wrote on 15:43, 25th May 2004:
[s]Fugaziboy wrote on 11:26, 25th May 2004:[i]
I am excited as I can't stop listening to Killswitch Engage's album Alive or Just Breathing. I am looking forward to checking out their new one 'The end of Heartache'

Guess what? I can't decide whether EOH is better then AOJB, it changes from day to day. Each album is near perfection.

[hr]
[/i]

I don't think you can compare them, as they are both great. My favourite 2 Killswitch songs from both albums are, 'Rose of Sharyn' and 'Fixation on the darkness'. Such an amazing combination of hardcore power, metal musicanship and emo type screaming. I'm looking forward to picking up 'EOH'. They also have a self-titled debut as well.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Wed May 26, 2004 11:02 am

[s]benedict wrote on 17:46, 25th May 2004:
'[i]Has rocksoc ever played their album, or are they too busy worshipping Marilyn Munster to notice?
'

indeed they have played some. it's actually how i found out about the band. when it finished i asked what it was & was told it was Killswitch Engage.

Wow, I'm pretty impressed. They would like Shadow's Fall as well. Maybe they will start getting round to playing even more hardcore. Good stuff.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Shades of Night on Thu May 27, 2004 4:41 pm

[s]Fugaziboy wrote on 12:02, 26th May 2004:

Wow, I'm pretty impressed. They would like Shadow's Fall as well. Maybe they will start getting round to playing even more hardcore. Good stuff.

This particular DJ already loves Shadows Fall. Their tour with Chimaira, Killswitch and God Forbid is definitely one that should be checked out. I for one will be right at the front for that, in sunny Portsmouth.

Rest assured that Shadows Fall and Killswitch will be played at the next proper rocksoc in freshers week.
Remember, You are an individual. Just like everyone else.
Shades of Night

Next

Return to Rocksoc