Home

TheSinner.net

A great book...

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

A great book...

Postby Fugaziboy on Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:59 pm

I'm reading a great book at the moment called 'Our band could be your life' and it's about the American underground from 1981 - 1991. Featuring truly great bands such as Black Flag, Minor Threat, Husker Du, Sonic Youth, The Minutemen and Fugazi. Everyone has to read this book, it's really interesting. Does anyone like The Minutemen? They have to be one of the most talented and overlooked bands of that era. 'Double Nickles on the Dime' is an 80's classic. RIP D. Boon.

Also does anyone know the Violent Femmes? I was thinking of checking them out. What would you reccomend? I've only heard 'Dance MF Dance'.

Listening to Primus at the moment, so a bit hyped up...
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby benedict on Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:36 pm

only ever heard the eponymous LP by the Violent Femmes. but it is quite quite good. enough to make anyone pick up an accoustic (guitar, bass, or drums) & bang something out. Blister In the Sun, Add it Up & Kiss Off are the classics off it. good fun.
benedict

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:03 am

Looks loke no-one's heard of The Minutemen then,

Ah well.
Fugaziboy

Return to Rocksoc