Home

TheSinner.net

This week I have been mostly hating....

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

This week I have been mostly hating....

Postby Cloud on Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:03 am

I'm sorry for wasting your time with this useless piece of information....

but I fucking hate Keane. Without a doubt one of the dullest bands I've ever heard and it's IMPOSSIBLE to avoid them! Every time I turn on the radio, one of their crappy foppy "look at us we don't use guitar aren't we mental ooooh!" songs is playing. Bah! Can't fucking stand them.

Ok thanks.

Oh by the way, feel free to continue this thread with a verbal blasting of bands/people/things you are currently despising. Hatred is a good thing, keeps you focused
[s]I want your skulls[/s]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Haunted on Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:26 am

Goldie Looking Chain. ITS NOT FUNNY STOP INSISTING IT IS, I DONT CARE IF THEYRE TRYING TO TAKE THE PISS, ITS IRRITATING THE FUCK OUT OF ME, TAKE IT OFF THE RADIO FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:14 pm

[s]Cloud wrote on 13:03, 3rd Sep 2004:

but I fucking hate Keane. Without a doubt one of the dullest bands I've ever heard and it's IMPOSSIBLE to avoid them! Every time I turn on the radio, one of their crappy foppy "look at us we don't use guitar aren't we mental ooooh!" songs is playing. Bah! Can't fucking stand them.

Ok thanks.

Oh by the way, feel free to continue this thread with a verbal blasting of bands/people/things you are currently despising. Hatred is a good thing, keeps you focused

Keane blow big time. There was a time when indie had integrity and wa actually good, but now it's just a complete joke and sickening waste of time. It's the stupid British public that's buying this shit...

Oh and I really really hate the radio in general, which I never listen to it.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby benedict on Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:16 pm

'Oh and I really really hate the radio in general, which I never listen to it.'

can't say fairer than that.
benedict

Re:

Postby pea on Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:07 pm

I was "lucky" enough to be subjected to Real Radio between the hours of 2 and 10pm for the past 2 and a half months... I am now advertising myself as a singing... er... advert, as I know the numbers for various services off by heart.

*The Singing Advert - appearing in a venue near you soon!*

[hr]I'm a little pea... I love the sky and the trees.
[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/ElegantPink/recenttracks/GeoRho.gif[/img]

I'm a little pea, I love the sky and the trees...
pea

Re:

Postby Hex on Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:46 pm

I, likewise can't stand Keane, Goldie Looking Chain or pretty much anything that makes it in the charts these days. That, combigned with my refusal to listed to any radio station with 5 or fewer ads repeated every hour for weeks on end tends to narrow the station's I'll listen to quite a bit. Radio's pretty much a waste of time as far as I' concerned.

The radio one rock show often had some decent stuff on it, although the last one I caught was a 'best of', which coincidentally featured a large handful of end of the night type rocksoc songs. It's supposedly changed since then (earlier this summer) though, anyone heard enough to form an opinion?
Hex

Re:

Postby Haunted on Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:40 pm

didnt they change the radio one rockshow to something like "the lockdown"?
thats what it is was called when i last listened in, although that was a very long time ago
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Re:

Postby benedict on Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:23 am

elsewise Seether & Velvet Revolver rock. although each band has only about one decent song. these days that doesn't matter. get your song in the club & that's good enough.

fuck knows what radio 1's playing these days. that's what cds are for as far as i'm concerned.
benedict

Re:

Postby Mohawk on Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:20 pm

can't beat radio 2 and a weekly visit to my favourite rock pub/club, kept me sane

[hr]
Orientation 2004

More Details at http://www.yourunion.net/
Mohawk

Re:

Postby Hex on Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:43 pm

Haunted - I think that was (is?) something on a similarish theme but on a different night. I seem to remember a name something like mentioned at some point but the rock show definitely existed in a recognisable form until quite recently.
Hex

Re:

Postby The_Farwall on Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:11 pm

I don't actually listen to the radio, like, ever these days so I've only heard Keane from the adverts (in which they do sound a pants, it's true). So, I can't say that I hate their songs. However, I've seen enough articles about them in the music press that I can say I hate their cummudgeonly, self-satified, inbred little faces. The lead singer looks like a fat 3 yr old whose been over-beaten with the ugly stick. And they're all so smug.

Grrr.
[s]Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.[/s]
The_Farwall

Re:

Postby pea on Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:27 am

As far as the Radio 1 Rock Show/The Lockdown is concerned, The Lockdown is meant to be more punk/hardcore music, and is on a Monday night/Tuesday morning at some ridiculous time. I never listened to the Rock Show as I can't stand Mary Anne Hobbs, but she's left now. I just haven't been arsed to tune in to see if it's any better now.

pea

Re:

Postby OffHeGoes on Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:37 pm

[s]Cloud wrote on 13:03, 3rd Sep 2004:[i]

i had the misfortune or having to sit through an hour of the singer running through the different poses he can do with the microphone, for the benefit of a cameraman who wasn't really interested. which is what live gigs are all about. obviously.

worth it for Elbow and The Cure, mind.
OffHeGoes

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:51 pm

[s]pea wrote on 13:27, 17th Sep 2004:
As far as the Radio 1 Rock Show/The Lockdown is concerned, The Lockdown is meant to be more punk/hardcore music, and is on a Monday night/Tuesday morning at some ridiculous time. I never listened to the Rock Show as I can't stand Mary Anne Hobbs, but she's left now. I just haven't been arsed to tune in to see if it's any better now.

The LOckdown is pretty good. I quite like the presenter, he seems like a pretty cool guy. I'm pissed though that I missed Lou Koller from Sick of it All presenting it one week.

As for the Radio one rock show, that was pretty crap, but she was kinda cute, in some some of the few pictures that I've seen of her.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Mark on Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:13 pm

Keane: so weeny Coldplay probably used to beat them up at school.
Mark

Re:

Postby pea on Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:33 pm

[s]Fugaziboy wrote on 17:51, 17th Sep 2004:

The LOckdown is pretty good. I quite like the presenter, he seems like a pretty cool guy. I'm pissed though that I missed Lou Koller from Sick of it All presenting it one week.

As for the Radio one rock show, that was pretty crap, but she was kinda cute, in some some of the few pictures that I've seen of her.

I have to say, I'm never normally up at the time the show is on. Or if I am, I never really remember it's on. I dunno, I might give both a shot this week, just to see if they're worth it.
And as for MAH being cute... Well, each to their own I suppose hehe.

[hr]
I'm a little pea... I love the sky and the trees.

pea

Indie

Postby Joesta on Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:52 pm

[s]Fugaziboy wrote on 14:14, 3rd Sep 2004:
[s]Cloud wrote on 13:03, 3rd Sep 2004:[i]

Ok thanks.

Keane blow big time. There was a time when indie had integrity and wa actually good, but now it's just a complete joke and sickening waste of time. It's the stupid British public that's buying this shit...

Oh and I really really hate the radio in general, which I never listen to it.
[/i]

Comming back to that comment, made a while ago I know, British indie is improving I think; whilst it's not as groundbreaking perhaps as it has been, it's getting there. Let's just hope Franz Ferdinand and co don't do a blur and reduce themselves to space probe ringtones.

[hr]
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~quantum
Joesta

Re:

Postby Cloud on Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:31 am

Speaking of the next Ferdinand album, this is on todays nme.com:

--------------------------------------

NEW FRANZ LP - EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!

The second FRANZ FERDINAND album will sound nothing like you would expect, says the man who knows best – the record’s producer.

Leftfield hip-hop producer Dan ‘The Automator’ Nakamura has given NME.COM the inside track on the album, work on which is already well in progress.

He said: "Hearing some of the new demos they’ve been working on, they’re more musically diverse than what you might hear from listening to the [first] album. They sound like Franz Ferdinand. They’re a band that are fairly comfortable with being a four-piece rock band or being a little bit more electronic. Their influences are very wide and I think they can adapt to that while maintaining the sound, I think that’s what’s cool about it."

Dan has already worked on two versions of forthcoming Franz single ‘Can’t Stop Feeling’ as well as a track for his own album with his collaborative project Handsome Boy Modelling School. Alex Kapranos contributes vocals to ‘The World’s Gone Mad’, the first single to be taken from the album ‘White Boys’, out November 8. Also appearing on the album are Deftonesfrontman Chino Moreno, Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda, Mars Volta and Cat Power.

Sessions went so well that a handshake agreement now exists between the two parties that when work on the follow-up starts in earnest next year, Nakamura will be at the helm. He is no stranger to ‘dancing up’ indie stars, having been Damon Albarn’s chief collaborator on the Gorillaz project.

He said: "Ultimately what I would bring to a record like that is just a point of view, I think technically we all know what we’re doing. What is more interesting is that there’s a certain mutual understanding of music that we can bounce ideas off of each other and cull from that and make something new. It seems like it’s a good mix and we’ve tried some things and it works well and hopefully we can continue to further that."

-------------------------------------

[hr][s]I want your skulls[/s]
[s]I want your skulls[/s]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Steveo on Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:40 am

I doubt any fo you appreciate the work behind the music. I don't enjoy Keanes music, but you have to admire the technical difficulties in producing it. You all need to read Sound on Sound.

[hr][s]What a beautiful world this will be .... what a glorious time to be free[/s]
Get off my internet.
Steveo

Re:

Postby Portly Steve on Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:55 pm

[s]Steveo wrote on 13:40, 30th Sep 2004:
I doubt any fo you appreciate the work behind the music. I don't enjoy Keanes music, but you have to admire the technical difficulties in producing it. You all need to read Sound on Sound.

You mean Arbiter Monthly? You should all avoid Sound on Sound at all costs, its just another sad indication of the cancer killing the music industry. Half arsed products given glorious reviews, reject musos spouting out dated rhetoric and a shocking level of "back handers" that keep the increasingly diminishing sales of SOS afloat. Sadly the Future publishing alternatives (Future and Computer Music) offer little better in either independence or quality.

So please, if you want to find out more about recording and studio technology, look to the internet for your jollies, the printed press offer you nothing but lies.

As for describing Album production as hard? Please never describe it as work, its only ever as diffcult as the artists make it.
Portly Steve

Return to Rocksoc