Home

TheSinner.net

Mike Patton

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Mike Patton

Postby Fugaziboy on Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:46 am

This guy is a genius, end of story...
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Cloud on Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:48 pm

Replace "a genius" with "GOD!!" and you get my feelings.

Have you heard any bootlegs from his tours with Rahzel (beatbox man from The Roots)?

And his Haemophiliac shows with the lord of the avant-garde John Zorn and that chick from the brutal Japanese noise band Melt Banana, that's not for the faint hearted. Even if you find Fantomas' first album enjoyably tuneful, you'll be floored by that.
[s]I want your skulls[/s]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:09 am

Disco Volante is just so unlistenable, I love it! Just noise! Great stuff. I wish I could get hold of the Mr. Bungle stuff before their first album came out.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Cloud on Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:26 am

The demos? Got them all. OU818 and Godamnit I Love America are awesome. Even parts of Bowel Of Chiley are good. The really early stuff on Raging Wrath Of The Easter Bunny is just tuneless thrash.

Try and find the Rough Mixes promo they put out between the self titled and Disco Volante. It features a stunning version of Tom Jones' James Bond theme "Thunderball" which is without a doubt one of the best cover versions ever.

And they covered the Super Mario Brothers theme too!

... yes, I'm somewhat a fan

[hr][s]I want your skulls[/s]
Cloud

Re:

Postby Cloud on Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:29 am

PS - http://www.kaada.no/romances

Patton and norweigan musician John Kaada to release an album in a few months. The samples are glorius!

Cloud

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:37 pm

[s]Cloud wrote on 13:29, 9th Sep 2004:
PS - http://www.kaada.no/romances

Patton and norweigan musician John Kaada to release an album in a few months. The samples are glorius!

I'm heard some stuff of it, sounds pretty good. I love The Director's Cut, that's one of my favourite albums from him. The cover of the Godfather is soooo good,

Hoe did you get hold of all those demos?
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Cloud on Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:21 pm

Download.

Cloud

melt banana ?

Postby panda on Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:06 pm

[s]Cloud wrote on 23:48, 7th Sep 2004:
Replace "a genius" with "GOD!!" and you get my feelings.

Have you heard any bootlegs from his tours with Rahzel (beatbox man from The Roots)?

And his Haemophiliac shows with the lord of the avant-garde John Zorn and that chick from the brutal Japanese noise band Melt Banana, that's not for the faint hearted. Even if you find Fantomas' first album enjoyably tuneful, you'll be floored by that.

dude I think you are wrong. Yasuko from melt banana doesnt song or play for haemophiliac. Its a different japanese chick from the NY downtown scene. I bought one of their albums today. Its very nice music.
panda

Re:

Postby Cloud on Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:10 pm

I know this now, but at the tiem I was unaware.

Everyone should go out and pick up a copy of the Kaada/Patton album 'Romances' released next week I think. It's stunning.
Cloud

Return to Rocksoc