Home

TheSinner.net

Whining Dwarf...

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Whining Dwarf...

Postby Fugaziboy on Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:07 pm

I know I talk a lot about music (it is one of my interests), but I have to add that I despise Placebo and that whining dwarf singer with every bone in my body. How they ever became popular is beyond me.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby JamieMalk on Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:43 pm

Please would you just fuck off and get a life you annoying wanker.
JamieMalk

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:43 pm

[s]JamieMalk wrote on 21:43, 20th Sep 2004:

GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! ROT IN HELL FUCKFACE.

Prick
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:46 pm

Just what the hell is your problem? Why are you being personal? I was talking about a crappy little band.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Sebastian on Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:38 am

My thoughts exactly
Sebastian

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:29 am

I don't know what brought these personal attacks on. But your both a couple of pricks.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Dave on Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:21 pm

[s]Fugaziboy wrote on 19:07, 17th Sep 2004:
but I have to add that I despise Placebo and that whining dwarf singer with every bone in my body. How they ever became popular is beyond me.

I think perhaps that this is a reason behind the personal attacks. I doubt that there is anyone on this board who needed to know that you "despise" Placebo. The comment is aggressive, and totally unconducive to the creation of a discussion on the topic - the purpose of this board. A considerbale number of your recent posts have been based around your like for some band or another, combined with several comments about your unreasoned loathing of a more popular band. In general, bands are popular for two reasons - 1) because they have enough clout, or friends with enough clout, to get their music played, and 2) they are good enough that people like them. I'm prepared to admit that this is a simplified version of the facts - but it serves the point. You come across (which is different to saying "you are") as the sort of muso-wanker who despises anything that other people might have heard of or listen to, and only believes music has any worth if it is not popular. Now, you might not be like this, but your posting history strongly suggests it. Very few people actually want to log on to the Sinner to read random derisive comments that have no basis that can be argued about, above and beyond "no, your're wrong, 'cos I think they're great". You are capable of being constructive, or at least posting without seeming pointlessly negative rantings, so why do you feel the need to waste our time with some of the stuff that does appear here posted under your name.
Dave

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:18 pm

[s]Dave wrote on 14:21, 21st Sep 2004:
[s]Fugaziboy wrote on 19:07, 17th Sep 2004:[i]
but I have to add that I despise Placebo and that whining dwarf singer with every bone in my body. How they ever became popular is beyond me.

I think perhaps that this is a reason behind the personal attacks. I doubt that there is anyone on this board who needed to know that you "despise" Placebo. The comment is aggressive, and totally unconducive to the creation of a discussion on the topic - the purpose of this board. A considerbale number of your recent posts have been based around your like for some band or another, combined with several comments about your unreasoned loathing of a more popular band. In general, bands are popular for two reasons - 1) because they have enough clout, or friends with enough clout, to get their music played, and 2) they are good enough that people like them. I'm prepared to admit that this is a simplified version of the facts - but it serves the point. You come across (which is different to saying "you are") as the sort of muso-wanker who despises anything that other people might have heard of or listen to, and only believes music has any worth if it is not popular. Now, you might not be like this, but your posting history strongly suggests it. Very few people actually want to log on to the Sinner to read random derisive comments that have no basis that can be argued about, above and beyond "no, your're wrong, 'cos I think they're great". You are capable of being constructive, or at least posting without seeming pointlessly negative rantings, so why do you feel the need to waste our time with some of the stuff that does appear here posted under your name.
[/i]

I didn't know people took their music that seriously. If people wanted to slag off the stuff I say I like then fine, whatever. I'm slagging off music not people who write on the sinner (with the exception of the people who started it on this particular thread). I slagged off Slipknot once and some guy called me a Nazi, what am I going to do? Not respond?

I used to go to St. Andrews, and still have quite a few friends there. Even though I might slag off a few bands, personal attacks are uncalled for.

I think your being a bit harsh saying everything I post is aggressive. I've posted threads as to how good AC/DC are and they are popular. I like Led Zeppelin and ZZ Top and their popular. I really like The Lemonheads and Weezer and these bands are quite commercial. So no, I am not a muso-wanker. I do appreciate more 'popular' bands. I was also debating recently The best era's of black sabbath. If you people actually looked more closely you'll see that I start quite a few positive discussions.

Nevertheless your clearly an intelligent person who's made some good constructive criticism, so I'll take what you said onboard.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:36 pm

I don't actually listen to the radio, like, ever these days so I've only heard Keane from the adverts (in which they do sound a pants, it's true). So, I can't say that I hate their songs. However, I've seen enough articles about them in the music press that I can say I hate their cummudgeonly, self-satified, inbred little faces. The lead singer looks like a fat 3 yr old whose been over-beaten with the ugly stick. And they're all so smug.

Grrr.

I do feel that I'm getting the brunt of this abuse. Up above is The Farwall's comments about Keane. Pay particular attention to their description of the lead singer who looks like 'a fat 1 year old whose been over-beaten with the ugly stick'. How is that less aggressive than me calling Brian Molko a 'whinging dwarf?'. No-one seems to be making any comment about that, or abusing him. I feel that I'm being singled out here. Why is it ok for other people to abuse bands and not me? This is hypocrisy at its worse.
Fugaziboy

Re:

Postby Dave on Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:58 pm

[s]Fugaziboy wrote on 15:18, 21st Sep 2004:
I didn't know people took their music that seriously. If people wanted to slag off the stuff I say I like then fine, whatever. I'm slagging off music not people who write on the sinner (with the exception of the people who started it on this particular thread). I slagged off Slipknot once and some guy called me a Nazi, what am I going to do? Not respond?

There's a huge difference between "slagging something off" and opening a discussion about the merits or otherwise of a particular band. I have a lot of opinions about a lot of the bands that people write about on here that are not constructive. I don't bother to post them because I'm not looking for a reactionary response. A considerbale number of your posts appear to be looking for a reactionary response, given the appraoch you take in your posts - so you shouldn't be surprised when you get that response - even if it's negative and aimed at you rather than the contents of your post. For example, I quite like some of Placebo's work. I can't conceive of why someone would want to create a thread on a discussion board as you did. You come across as someone full of anger in a considerable number of your posts.

I used to go to St. Andrews, and still have quite a few friends there. Even though I might slag off a few bands, personal attacks are uncalled for.

Generally, yes, but I think that certain people have decided that they would rather not be subjected to your vitriollic posting techniques, when the majority of people post in a fashion that supports discussion rather than "this is my opinion, with no support at all for it" that a number of your posts consist solely of.

I think your being a bit harsh saying everything I post is aggressive. I've posted threads as to how good AC/DC are and they are popular. I like Led Zeppelin and ZZ Top and their popular. I really like The Lemonheads and Weezer and these bands are quite commercial. So no, I am not a muso-wanker. I do appreciate more 'popular' bands. I was also debating recently The best era's of black sabbath. If you people actually looked more closely you'll see that I start quite a few positive discussions.

I didn't. I said a "considerable number" which is implicitly not all - and I also stated that you were capable of constructive comments, which again supports the idea that I don't think that everything you write is aggressive.
Dave

Re:

Postby Dave on Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:13 pm

[s]Fugaziboy wrote on 15:36, 21st Sep 2004:
I don't actually listen to the radio, like, ever these days so I've only heard Keane from the adverts (in which they do sound a pants, it's true). So, I can't say that I hate their songs. However, I've seen enough articles about them in the music press that I can say I hate their cummudgeonly, self-satified, inbred little faces. The lead singer looks like a fat 3 yr old whose been over-beaten with the ugly stick. And they're all so smug.

"Hate" is a very strong word. It's implicitly unreasoning, being one of the strngest negative emotions expressable. It weakens your argument when you use terms that suggest you haven't thought about your comment. Combine that with the agression that you do express in some of your posts, and reader's opinions become biased against you. They infer from other, perhaps less agressive posts, that use words like "hate" nevertheless, that you are acting in a reactionary fashion - they infer from the tone of your post facts about you that may be false, but that appear evident by how you post.

o feel that I'm getting the brunt of this abuse. Up above is The Farwall's comments about Keane. Pay particular attention to their description of the lead singer who looks like 'a fat 1 year old whose been over-beaten with the ugly stick'. How is that less aggressive than me calling Brian Molko a 'whinging dwarf?'. No-one seems to be making any comment about that, or abusing him. I feel that I'm being singled out here. Why is it ok for other people to abuse bands and not me? This is hypocrisy at its worse.

Readers perceive that the Farwall is not a reactionary by the tone of the majority of his posts. Many people, myself included, know the Farwall, and so don't have to base our entire perceptions of him on what and how he posts. I don't know you as a person, and thus everything I know about you comes from your posts on the Sinner. To the best of my knowledge, whilst you were here, you were never part of the "Rocksoc scene", which the Farwall was, and so the majority of RockSoc do not know you well enough to form opinions of you, relying instead on your posts on this forum. Suffice to say, as evidenced by several negative responses you have had, and not just to this post, but over several years, you do not, in general, come across well in this medium. Therefore, I would argue that it less hypocrisy, and more human nature and the way people judge and perceive others, that is reponsible for you being singled out to receive personal abuse over others. The answer is to consider how you want people who don't know you to perceive you. Whether you like it or not, there is negative feeling applied to you because of how and what you post. You will either need to address that in some fashion, or accept that some people will find you offensive.
Dave

Re:

Postby Fugaziboy on Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:21 pm

I was a member of rocksoc during my first year which was 1998. I went a couple of times and didn't like a couple of people who I'd met previously at lectures. I did go a couple of times after that, but I don't know I just felt out of place there. I was member of Deviant Noise though. That was ok. But then again I hung around with the people who set it up.
Fugaziboy

Return to Rocksoc