Home

TheSinner.net

Unofficial Game Commentary Thread

The Official Board for St Andrews Assassins 2006. Check rules, gloat over victories or moan about your early death. Please note you must be a registered user to post on this board

Unofficial Game Commentary Thread

Postby Lodestone on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:14 am

Here's a thread just to chat about how the game's progressing for you.

Is anyone else finding themselves immediately, embarrassingly and universally paranoid. It's so bad that I just took a weapon to the shower with me. It's so bad that last night all someone had to say was "Hallo" and I'd be backing away from them holding a knife.

I've a feeling that this game was a bad idea . ..
Lodestone

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:30 am

Swerg and I were commenting last night that after the two note-leaving episodes of yesterday, people should probably be very, very wary about opening their doors.

Have to say that taking a knife with you into the shower is a bit worrying. I'm imagining a reverse of the famous shower scene from 'Psycho'. :)
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Lodestone on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:47 am

I just terrified my cleaner. My door is never usually knocked, and so that surprised her at first, and then the question "Who is it, friend or foe?" frightened her out of her wits. Oh dearie me . . .
Lodestone

Re:

Postby Lodestone on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:48 am

I just terrified my cleaner. My door is never usually knocked, and so that surprised her at first, and then the question "Who is it, friend or foe?" frightened her out of her wits. Then I gradually opened the door, knife in hand. Oh dearie me . . .
Lodestone

paranoid

Postby October on Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:16 pm

I am now.
Just was talking to my RMs and they were saying people were alread around looking for their targets.
And sinces I'm the only assassin in my hall I know about, (I'm sure there'll be more), I'm get really paranoid.
eep.

[hr]

your friendly hall robot
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:19 pm

I'm quite surprised that the RMs already know about it! Out of interest, which hall? You can tell me by private message if you don't want to give out clues on the board (which is fair enough), I'm just trying to track the spread of the thing.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Frank on Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:36 pm

A small note to all:

Corridors of Academic facilities are also entirely out of bounds. That is the *entire* facility is OB.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:23 pm

Annoyingly, my assassination was invalidated.
Now my victim will know to look out for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were the Chattan RMs because I was chatting to them today about it

[hr]

I love cheese.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby Bonnie on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:23 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if it were the Chattan RMs because I was chatting to them today about it

[hr]

I love cheese.
Bonnie

Re:

Postby October on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:33 pm

Quoting Bonnie from 16:23, 20th Apr 2006

[hr]

I love cheese.

Why were you talking to them?

[hr]

your friendly hall robot
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby JM on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:38 pm

why was it invalidated.

also, my targets have not got residences on their facebook profiles :(

Quoting October from 16:33, 20th Apr 2006

[hr]

I love cheese.

Why were you talking to them?

[hr]

your friendly hall robot

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

Re:

Postby swerg on Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:08 pm

Because the weapon used had not been confirmed by me that it was ok to use before the attack!
swerg

Re:

Postby Frank on Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:23 pm

It happens to the best of us...and sometimes me too.

Interestingly, there are *tons* of weapons and disguises out there in the world. All I need to do is find a way to fortify my...domicile. Now, where'd I put my order form for an automated sentry gun...

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

dual assassination attempt - did it work?

Postby scratter on Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:24 pm

This evening at approximately 18.05hrs, an assassination attempt made by Fred West was made in a crowded room, and at distance.

Both Fred and his target shot each other. The shots rung out all over town, but there were no police nor other civil authorities present to witness this gruesome and cold hearted attempt at cold blooded murder.

In the kerfuffle that was the attempt, the two involved feel that they may well have missed each other - their shots speeding past each other only to embedd themselves in the walls.

Forensics teams have just been notified and we await an update shortly.

No doubt the police shall make the final call as to both the current status of the two individuals (i.e. dead or alive) and the actual outcome of the shooting!
scratter

Re:

Postby Frank on Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:34 pm

Quoting Frank from 18:23, 20th Apr 2006It happens to the best of us...and sometimes me too.

Actually, twice as it happens now. So, perhaps third times the charm...

[hr]

Frank

I've waited far too long

Postby October on Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:17 pm

As I sit sharpening my sword and plotting how to gain entrances in to my targets strong hold, I wonder.
"Why has no one tried to kill me?"

“Can it be I'm just to hard to find?
Like some kind of super ninja?
Or are all the assassins like me?
Plotting, waiting... being just the right amount of lazy before leaping in to action?
Maybe, they want to make me feel safe, and strike when I lest expect it?
Or maybe news of others deaths has yet to filter through to me.”

I sheath my sword and load my gun, I can not sit and wait for death to come knocking at my door, I must run head long out to meet it.

[hr]

your friendly hall robot
October

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:42 pm

The police hit squadron might be deployed soon.

[hr]

"Listen to DrAlex."-Polli
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100343
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby JM on Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:17 pm

That'll be on Wednesday right?

for the incompetent or wanted people - how many cops are there n how many are open to little backhanded deals?

[hr]

JM

Re:

Postby swerg on Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:22 pm

We left out the bit about corrupt cops in the cambridge rules. Just for this game cops cannot be currupt - but this may change when we revise the rules for next year!
swerg

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:05 pm

surely putting it in the rules negates it as corruption...

Swerg, get my facebook message?

[hr]

"Listen to DrAlex."-Polli
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100343
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Next

Return to Assassins06