Home

TheSinner.net

I'll take the ring to Mordor

The Official Board for St Andrews Assassins 2006. Check rules, gloat over victories or moan about your early death. Please note you must be a registered user to post on this board

I'll take the ring to Mordor

Postby Frank on Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:02 am

I'll take it. I'll take the ring to Mordor.

But I do not know the way.

That is: I'll try and run the next game, if nobody minds/complains. I'm considering a wee alteration to the rules or two, and preparing a brief summary document that collates it all nicely to 'keep you on track' (i.e. handy for beginners who don't want to be Lawyering through a tome of rules).

Not only that, but I'm considering changing the information you get. My thinking is:

You recieve of your target:
- Their name
- Their current aim for a final degree title
- The street of their residency (but not the number)
- A useful picture of their face

You recieve of your would be assassins:
- Their nickname, so you know you're a target, and if you've got problems...

The gist of this is to make it more involved...so there'd be more killing, more gunfights, more running battles across town, and generally a faster game (no need to wait for two weeks for a chink in their facebook armour to start tracking them down...)

Thoughts?

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:59 am

Patience, my friend. Things are in motion. Possibly.

I'm very, very pleased if someone else wants to be Umpire, though, and I can stick the the fun bits of writing up incident reports.

Have to say that I'm not sure about reducing the rules - we could say which were the very most important (e.g. 'don't hurt people for real') but the vast majority of the rules are in there for safety reasons. Having re-written them I think they're easier to comprehend now.

The information about targets seems fair enough to me. On each person's Student Record card on the university portal there should be a link to their matric card photo, and if it's good enough for a matric card it should be good enough for Assassins.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Frank on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:29 pm

My main worry about the Student Record Card/Matric photo is that they're typically pretty old. I suppose, that *could* add to the fun of it...but if there's a better one somewhere...

If they've only got the matric photo, then I guess that's perfectly fine.

Frank

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Return to Assassins06