Home

TheSinner.net

The Unofficial Game Commentary Thread

The Official Board for St Andrews Assassins 2006. Check rules, gloat over victories or moan about your early death. Please note you must be a registered user to post on this board

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:06 pm

Quoting October from 19:02, 22nd Nov 2006
What the hell?

sorry but that did not make much sence to me

Bit of an in-joke really: basically, Nathan Garret stabbed Gumball but there was a lengthy dispute about it due to the circumstances in which it occurred. The report was intended to reflect that Gumball is, in fact, dead but it probably only made sense to people who already knew the ins and outs of the story.

It's the only way I could think of to take account of the fact that he died almost a whole week ago!
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby October on Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:04 am

Quoting Amorphous from 19:06, 22nd Nov 2006
Quoting October from 19:02, 22nd Nov 2006
What the hell?

sorry but that did not make much sence to me

Bit of an in-joke really: basically, Nathan Garret stabbed Gumball but there was a lengthy dispute about it due to the circumstances in which it occurred. The report was intended to reflect that Gumball is, in fact, dead but it probably only made sense to people who already knew the ins and outs of the story.

It's the only way I could think of to take account of the fact that he died almost a whole week ago!

Yea, I had knowen he was dead or at lest it was disputed, because I was going to be hired by Nathan Garret to hitman him if it was to come down to a duel, kinda bending the rules.
Just Zombies freak me out.
damn fregging undead!

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
It was the Ninja Robot Monkeys that did it.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

so phase one of assassins is done moving on to phase two

Postby October on Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:47 pm

not sure how many of us are left,
so we're in mid week two,
the first imcomp list came out, and soon came to an end.
that was fast.

So What will the comeing week have for us I wonder.

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:42 pm

Quoting October from 15:47, 23rd Nov 2006
not sure how many of us are left,
so we're in mid week two,
the first imcomp list came out, and soon came to an end.
that was fast.

So What will the comeing week have for us I wonder.

In the order you raised the points:
a) Just under half the players are left. It'll become a little bit more under half if we can get confirmation for a kill that happened more than 24 hours ago.
b) We are indeed!
c) Hell yeah! Assuming that A Certain Player has taken no further action by noon tomorrow, there will soon be an Incompetent List of one. If A Certain Other Player has also taken no further action by noon on the day after that, there'll be a list of two...
d) What will be coming? More dead players! Probably.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby October on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:07 am

So who's a head in the game?
Who at them moment is winning?
Is anyone keeping track?

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

"Pegasus goes flying, briefly"

Postby October on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:05 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

Sorry, but that got to hurt.
I feel sorry for Peg, 3 trys and still nothing to him name.

Well, anyway, I have a Lightsaber.
Darth Vader Red.
I'm so evil, I just hope I get to use it before I die.
Now many do we have left playing.?
About 6 I make it, tho I could be wrong.

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

Where is our Leaderboard?

Postby Fedoraccoon on Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:49 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to see a scoreboard up here at some point. I know it would have been a pain earlier on when we had loads of players and most of them hadn't killed anyone yet, but now that we're down to, what, 8 players? It seems like a feisible idea. That being said, I know the umpires already have plenty to do, but it would be nice if it isn't a pain to put together. Speaking of remaining players, incidentally, is there a concrete number of how many people are still alive?

[hr]

This world...is made of... LOVE AND PEACE!..LOVE AND PEACE!..LOVE AND PEACE!!
Fedoraccoon

You ask...

Postby Amorphous on Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:26 pm

...and you get! In this instance.

Providing pseudonyms only so that way I'm not giving any more information that couldn't be worked out from the official reports thread.

Wessex - 4 kills
Wild Bill - 2 kills
Spadge Mince (deceased) - 2 kills
Jess (deceased) - 2 kills
October - 1 kill
Bullet_MaGnEt - 1 kill
Gumball (deceased) - 1 kill
Orson (deceased) - 1 kill
Acidburn (deceased) - 1 kill
Nathan Garret (deceased) - 1 kill
Pegasus - 0 kills

There are of course a host of other 0-kill players, but Pegasus is the only one to have survived this long. The others are: Hawkeye, Ragu, Glugger, Raphanizein, Big Suze, Countess Montagui (only player to have ever died twice!), Mr. Dark, 804 and Arkanasas Dave Rudabaugh.

There are five players left in the game now - we're fast approaching the time of the Final Four!
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Fedoraccoon on Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:48 pm

I believe Spadge Mince (now deceased) had 2 kills

[hr]

Fedoraccoon

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:14 pm

Quoting Fedoraccoon from 21:48, 28th Nov 2006
I believe Spadge Mince (now deceased) had 2 kills

Very true. Not sure how I missed that!
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Bullet_MaGnEt on Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:32 pm

Yep things are getting a bit scary now. Having spent the day wandering around and suffering 5 near heart attacks from people reaching into their pockets for keys I now know how any former kgb spies must be feeling at the moment.
Bullet_MaGnEt

Re:

Postby Frank on Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:49 pm

For the purposes of sending out a lovely message to Mr October (we've seen the calender...), I too have a lightsaber. Blue, like Anakin's. I'll see you one day, and wee can have an Epic duel that people who don't even know us, or anything about assassins, will tell their friends about.

Maybe.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby October on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:20 pm

Quoting Frank from 15:49, 29th Nov 2006
For the purposes of sending out a lovely message to Mr October (we've seen the calender...), I too have a lightsaber. Blue, like Anakin's. I'll see you one day, and wee can have an Epic duel that people who don't even know us, or anything about assassins, will tell their friends about.

Maybe.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."

What calender is this?

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

Re:

Postby Spadge Mince on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:18 pm

A little oddity has been on my mind for a while now. The first time it happened I thought nothing of it. The second time, mere coincidence. The third time was when I thought something was going on. Why is it, in all the threads that I feature in, the last, and only the last, mention of my pseudoname is mispelled as Spadge Mine.

[hr]

If a tree falls down in a forest and no-one's around to hear it, does anyone care?
The beggars are my eyes and ears
Spadge Mince

Re:

Postby Bullet_MaGnEt on Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:35 pm

Hey apologies if I have misread the most recent report but does it look like highly dodgey behaviour by a hit squad memebr to anyone else? Its seems a tad unfair for one player to use the hit squad as a distraction or even weapon against other players. It would be fair enough if these people had just met randomly in say south street but this appears to have been a set up. Does anyone else feel an enquirey and possible kill voiding is called for?

Again my apologies if I have taken the dramatic liscence to mean something other than what happened ang have blackened someones good name.
Bullet_MaGnEt

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:15 pm

Quoting Spadge Mince from 22:18, 30th Nov 2006
A little oddity has been on my mind for a while now. The first time it happened I thought nothing of it. The second time, mere coincidence. The third time was when I thought something was going on. Why is it, in all the threads that I feature in, the last, and only the last, mention of my pseudoname is mispelled as Spadge Mine.

Really? Bizarre. It's certainly not a conscious effort on my part - possibly my fingers getting tired as I start thinking about how it's time for dinner/lunch/returning to work!

I shall go back and edit them. Sorry for any distress caused. ;)

Edit: You are indeed correct - EVERY occasion and always the last one! Really can't think why that would be, although I remember correcting the same typo while still writing a report on one occasion. Shall have to go down in history as a great mystery of my mind.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby October on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:54 pm

Quoting Bullet_MaGnEt from 22:35, 30th Nov 2006
Hey apologies if I have misread the most recent report but does it look like highly dodgey behaviour by a hit squad memebr to anyone else? Its seems a tad unfair for one player to use the hit squad as a distraction or even weapon against other players. It would be fair enough if these people had just met randomly in say south street but this appears to have been a set up. Does anyone else feel an enquirey and possible kill voiding is called for?

Again my apologies if I have taken the dramatic liscence to mean something other than what happened ang have blackened someones good name.

No It was a set up from the get-go,
It's not fair I tell you,
Not FAIR!!!

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

Re:

Postby Fedoraccoon on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:58 pm

Wild Bill was placed on the incompetance list as a consequence. I understand this was decided as appropriate punishment after a long talk with the umpire at which all people involved in the situation were present. Voiding the kill seems a bit extreme, I think even October would concede that point.

[hr]

Fedoraccoon

Re:

Postby October on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:00 am

Quoting Fedoraccoon from 23:58, 30th Nov 2006
Wild Bill was placed on the incompetance list as a consequence. I understand this was decided as appropriate punishment after a long talk with the umpire at which all people involved in the situation were present. Voiding the kill seems a bit extreme, I think even October would concede that point.

[hr]

...hmmm....
maybe, But I wanted him on the wanted list.
Tho I still think it was an unfair kill,
even tho it was a kill.

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
October

Re:

Postby Frank on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:56 am

Bullet_MaGnEt:

Warranting an enquiry? Quite right. They ambushed me/were hanging about idly (all of 'em!) as I arrived home.

My conclusion?

The participants involved were agreeable to see it simply let be, and taken as it happened (that is: a Hit Squad was an illegal accomplice, but that both kills stand and count, and that folks are incompetent as required).

However, there is more to the story.

Knowing that the killing of October would lead to the 'Four For All' Endgame Scenario, and realising that the entire group would be potentially in a position to intervene against Wessex at a point soon after, the fairest decision as it stood was to simply cast Wild Bill to incompetence and remove the offending Hit Squad member for the time suitable to allow things to all settle down once more.

More important than anything in terms of my handling this incident is the very first line of this game's Mandate. I refer you to Sinner Article 1317, Overview Section, Paragraph One.

(http://www.thesinner.net/article/1317)

"real-life roleplaying game"

I feel that, in the mentioned instance, the result was entirely appropriate to the events that transpired. Especially considering that otherwise alot of 'man hours' would have been wasted on precisely nothing...and no one wants that!

Creatity is the key, both in the punishment and the game itself. The punishment, as I see it, suitably impeded events that could have happened, thus foiling the next-level of plans of all those involed (inc the offending Hit Squaddie). An oversight on my part initially, perhaps, but I still feel the best decision has been achieved in resolving it.

More alarmingly: A certain Bullet_MaGnEt seems to have done something far more worrying than killing a hit squaddie...

Disgusting :p

(NB- I find it entirely fair to quibble this decision, the events as they transpired were dubious, but fortunately, I feel, it was resolved well)

[hr]

Frank

PreviousNext

Return to Assassins06