Home

TheSinner.net

The Unofficial Game Commentary Thread

The Official Board for St Andrews Assassins 2006. Check rules, gloat over victories or moan about your early death. Please note you must be a registered user to post on this board

Re:

Postby Bullet_MaGnEt on Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:05 am

Let that be a lesson to you kids. Never leave a half finished bomb card in a housefull of twats because you're chasing Wessex out of a toilet window after winning at poker. On another note can we place Arkanasas Dave Rudabaugh on the incompetence list for giggles as he did know what the card was and if he was anywhere near when it was opened the he's a bigger ninny that I am.
Bullet_MaGnEt

Re:

Let that be a lesson to you kids. Never leave a half finished bomb card in a housefull of twats because you're chasing Wessex out of a toilet window after winning at poker. On another note can we place Arkanasas Dave Rudabaugh on the incompetence list for giggles as he did know what the card was and if he was anywhere near when it was opened the he's a bigger ninny that I am.
Bullet_MaGnEt

Re:

Bullet_MaGnEt

Re:

Postby October on Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:51 am

Quoting Bullet_MaGnEt from 08:05, 1st Dec 2006

We could, I guess.
But He's already dead.
Your not tho, so lets Hunt away.

[hr]

I'm Telling you.
It was the Ninja Robot Monkeys that did it.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:08 pm

Hello all!

Some more slightly half-assed stats for those who are interested in that sort of thing: number of times people have been attempted upon!
Listing only those assassins that are still alive for brevity (and because I didn't really bother with anyone else - my database isn't up-to-date).

Bullet_MaGnEt - 6 attempts in 5 days
Pegasus - 4 attempts in 3 days
Wild Bill - either 0 or 1 attempt, depending on if you count a Hit Squad bystander with weapon drawn as making an attempt

Do these figures mean anything? Most likely not. Does typing them up allow me to procrastinate from work and generally waste time? YES.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Bullet_MaGnEt on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:12 pm

Awww its so nice to be popular and have such dedicated fans.
Bullet_MaGnEt

And then there were two

Postby Fedoraccoon on Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:46 pm

I must say it's interesting to see the game heat up as the numbers drop down, and down, and down. The only question now is, how will it end?

[hr]

This world...is made of... LOVE AND PEACE!..LOVE AND PEACE!..LOVE AND PEACE!!
Fedoraccoon

Re:

Postby David on Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:50 pm

it may already have as the hitsquad also may have finally succeeded in taking out bullet magnet
David

Re:

Postby Frank on Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:55 pm

The game is over.

We intended to call of the Hitsquad once it got down to two players, but due to illness causing myself some delay, the Hitsquad got two of the last three earlier today.

That means: Wild Bill has won it.

More details will follow as soon as we can (me still being sortof ill), but well done folks, and it's been an enlightening experience. With all the lessons (and fun) of this game, I can only see future games going from strength to strength.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Fedoraccoon on Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:55 am

Aww man, I was gonna blow up Bullet_Magnet's house too. My thanks to the hit squad for catching that slippery fish

[hr]

Fedoraccoon

Re:

Postby Bullet_MaGnEt on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:54 pm

Ah well, you can only survive on the incompetent/wanted list for so long and im rather pleased with my run. Still i'l be back and im going to get that hitsquad and their little monkey too. Bwah ha ha ha ha........
Bullet_MaGnEt

Pub Night

Postby Fedoraccoon on Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:36 pm

What does everybody think of a St. Andrews Assassins Pub Night/Crawl/Whatever. I was thinking the Whey Pat (at least as the first stop) seeing as how that seemed to be the place where every single freaking assassin playing could be found at one time or another

[hr]

Fedoraccoon

Re:

Postby Bullet_MaGnEt on Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:31 pm

As far as im aware I killed three hitsquad members albeit two were the same person after a ressurection. They're like agents, they just keep comming!
Bullet_MaGnEt

Re:

Postby Wee Jimmy on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:07 pm

You cannot kill us, we are part of the very fabric of your world Mr anders...erm... Magnet.

Also let pegasus' demise be a lesson to all assassins:
1) Trust no-one!!!
2) No-one is safe from the hit-squad, known killer or not as the case may be
Wee Jimmy

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:12 pm

Quoting Bullet_MaGnEt from 17:31, 12th Dec 2006
As far as im aware I killed three hitsquad members albeit two were the same person after a ressurection. They're like agents, they just keep comming!

Out of interest, does that include the one directly after Wessex was poisoned? If not then I have indeed miscounted and shall edit the post appropriately, but if so then I was disregarding that kill on the basis of the hefty dispute behind it and also that in story terms it didn't happen - instead I myself made an appearance and released my considerable feminine rage. Just ask Wee Jimmy. He knooooows.
If Jack Bauer was put in a room with Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler and Nina Myers and handed a gun with two bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.
Amorphous

Re:

Postby Bullet_MaGnEt on Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:22 pm

I was indeed counting that one so ignoring it your maths is spot on.

A bit gutted about being done in by my flatmate but on reflection since I killed her first it does have the hint of karma about it. On that note I was wondering how people felt about being killed by their house/flatmates in their own dwelling. Having been on both ends of this scenario in the game I think that in the next it might be appropriate to change the rules so that flatmates can only kill each other in other places. Thought guys?
Bullet_MaGnEt

Re:

Postby Fedoraccoon on Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:36 pm

Ironically, I got both of you as targets early on and was working on a way to stylishly get you both at once when you both went incompetant and you killed her. I guess it just goes to show that sometimes it's better to be practical rather than impressive

[hr]

Fedoraccoon

Re:

Postby Frank on Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:55 pm

With respect to 'flatmates' and locations:

Given the dispersal of folks, I suspect it is arguably a good idea that you are not allowed to kill people in the same 'location' zone as yourself.

That is: Folks in Andrew Melville Hall aren't allowed to kill their targets inside Andrew Melville Hall who have their location listed as 'Andrew Melville Hall' (or are otherwise similarly located: e.g. "Market Street", "Abbey Court", "Albany Park" etc).

This would resolve the issue of divying up targets from these locations from the offset, as they can be allocated, but you don't need to worry about the assassin next door when you nip to the toilet.

For a Pub Meet, given that I know a few of us still have work to attend to, I'm happy to have a meet in the Whey Pat on Friday, if that's acceptable, at some mutually agreeable time. Any thoughts on this?

[The Whey Pat does seem somewhat appropriate]

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Amorphous on Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:56 pm

About the flatmates killing each other thing... tricky, I suppose. I'm flatmates with the Hit Squad Leader (aka Wee Jimmy on here, and Glugger in-game when he was still alive), Pegasus and Orson and I know that at the beginning of the game they came to an arrangement not to kill each other in the flat because it would be unfair. I pointed out that if someone [cough]Orson[/cough] were to break this promise Frank and I would not be able to disallow the kill because it's not our responsibility to enforce agreements between Players.

I suppose your best bet is to try and make a similar deal with your flatmates and threaten them with weeks of social punishment (e.g. not talking to them) and nasty things left in their bed if they break the deal, but it's not ideal.

The problem is that there are already hundreds (or so it feels) rules that the organisers have to try and enforce, so I'm thoroughly reluctant to add any more to the list!
Amorphous

Re:

Postby JM on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:48 pm

Orson would NEVER do such a thing....such travesty. (sp?)

though we also agreed no killing "from" the flat as in tossing stuff from the windows...ruined many a mischievious plan...

[hr]

"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
"Life can be full of many problems"; this can be translated into "tormenting you is how the big man gets his jollies"
JM

PreviousNext

Return to Assassins06