Home

TheSinner.net

POWERSUITE SCHEME

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

POWERSUITE SCHEME

Postby tickethead_p1 on Sat Sep 28, 2002 12:26 am

Why does sony vaio models default back to the powersuite scheme everytime I reboot, I want to set the laptop to never go on standby but everytime you reboot it goes back to 25 minutes
tickethead_p1

Re:

Postby TheGamesMaster on Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:11 pm

All I can suggest (without looking at the laptop) is to look at the sony website and see if they have something about it in their tech support section.
TheGamesMaster

Check out his faq

Postby ElvisLives on Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:32 pm

Quoting tickethead_p1 from 21:08, 26th Sep 2002
Why does sony vaio models default back to the powersuite scheme everytime I reboot, I want to set the laptop to never go on standby but everytime you reboot it goes back to 25 minutes

see:

Q: Why the setting of power management in control panel cannot be saved ? or Why all the settings in [Power Schemes] in the [Power Management Properties] changed back to "Never" after the computer was restarted ?
A: In ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) of Windows, the power management function is controlled by the operating system instead of BIOS. However the operating system (Windows) does not have detailed power management functions such as adjusting Thermal Control Strategy, CPU Speed and LCD Brightness. [PowerPanel] is a utility to cover functions that ACPI of the operating system (Windows) does not have. To adjust the setting for the power management, follow the steps below: 1) Right-click on the [PowerPanel] icon from the taskbar. 2) Select the[Edit/Create Profile...] to launch the [Profile Editor]. 3) Select and highlight any profile eg, AC Power and then select the highlight the desired setting in the next window. 4) For example, select the [LCD Brightness] and right-click to change the setting. 5) Click on File and then Save option to save the changes before exiting the program. Note : After changing the setting in profile editor, do not change the power mangement properties from the [Power Management] icon from [Control Panel]. The setting will change back to "PowerSuite Scheme" everytime the computer restart.
ElvisLives

Re:

Postby Senethro on Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:55 pm

what
Senethro

Re:

Postby thebrookster on Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:21 am

Quoting Senethro from 17:55, 3rd Apr 2007
what

I agree.

On second reading, I in fact agree with Senethro, and I partially agree with the quoted fix to the problem. From what I can ascertain, it appears to be suggesting that Windows is crap, so use a different piece of software instead. No disagreement from me there!! :D
thebrookster

Return to WiredSoc