Home

TheSinner.net

F secure anti virus

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

F secure anti virus

Postby laura86 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:56 pm

Hi,
This morning I installed IT services anti virus software, F secure, But since I have re started my comp it just freezes. Any ideas? Thanks
laura86

Re:

Postby Don on Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:10 pm

Quoting laura86 from 14:56, 27th Nov 2005
Hi,
This morning I installed IT services anti virus software, F secure, But since I have re started my comp it just freezes. Any ideas? Thanks

Do you have Norton anti-virus installed aswell? F-secure seems to conflict with other anti-virus software.

[hr]

Daz, makes your whites #gggggg
Don

Re:

Postby laura86 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:26 pm

I uninstalled macafee this morning then rebooted. But i think its still saying something about macafee being on the comp, because error messsages are appearing when i start the lap top up. So is there anyway of getting an essay of my laptop? I was advised to start up in safemode but I have no idea how to do this!

Quoting Don from 16:10, 27th Nov 2005
Quoting laura86 from 14:56, 27th Nov 2005
Hi,

Do you have Norton anti-virus installed aswell? F-secure seems to conflict with other anti-virus software.

[hr]

laura86

Re:

Postby Don on Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:57 pm

Turn on your computer and start pressing the F8 key over an over, if you pressed it at the right time you will get the Window Advanced Options menu. If not restart and try again. There will be an option there to start up in safe mode. When in safe mode your screen will possibly look a bit strange, with the icons being larger than usual and the colours being a little off, this is ok. When you have fully started up remove F-Secure in the usual way you would remove an application and when done restart the computer as normal and it will start up in normal mode.

I would suggest then either reinstalling McAfee, or download AVG from Grisoft. Or take your computer to your hall computer rep if you are in halls, any competent Computer Scientist, or to the IT services desk and one of them should be able to sort you out.

[hr]

Don

Re:

Postby laura86 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:23 pm

Ok i will go and try that, does anyone know who the Hall Rep is for DRA?

Quoting Don from 18:57, 27th Nov 2005
Turn on your computer and start pressing the F8 key over an over, if you pressed it at the right time you will get the Window Advanced Options menu. If not restart and try again. There will be an option there to start up in safe mode. When in safe mode your screen will possibly look a bit strange, with the icons being larger than usual and the colours being a little off, this is ok. When you have fully started up remove F-Secure in the usual way you would remove an application and when done restart the computer as normal and it will start up in normal mode.

I would suggest then either reinstalling McAfee, or download AVG from Grisoft. Or take your computer to your hall computer rep if you are in halls, any competent Computer Scientist, or to the IT services desk and one of them should be able to sort you out.

[hr]

laura86

Re:

Postby Kaydo. on Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:36 pm

Quoting Don from 18:57, 27th Nov 2005
Turn on your computer and start pressing the F8 key over an over

or just hold it down?
Kaydo.

Return to WiredSoc