Home

TheSinner.net

Mobile as a bluetooth microphone

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Mobile as a bluetooth microphone

Postby [James] on Thu May 11, 2006 5:42 pm

Ok, he's a vaguely interesting one for you:

My brother and I have been experimenting with GoogleTalk lately, and we noticed the sound quality on its call function is amazing, far better than the phone, and free too. The only problem is that while he has a microphone, I don't.

If I linked my mobile to my laptop via Bluetooth, do you think it would be possible to use the phone's microphone with the PC? Or to really push the boat out, would it be possible to use the phone as both the microphone and the speaker, so I could talk just like it were a normal call?

On another note,I've also noticed that my phone (a Motorola V620) has some kind of instant messaging thing built in, but I doubt Virgin Mobile supports this. What's the phone IM thing all about? Is it even supported in this country?
[James]

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Thu May 11, 2006 8:41 pm

I've done it the other way round, using the PC microphone and speakers to make a call on a Bluetooth phone, but I've never seen it work the other way round. I think it depends what features your phone supports. If you can configure the Bluetooth audio gateway on the PC to make the phone the active input and output it could work.

Edit: I've just checked with my D500 and iBook, the iBook reports that the phone supports Voice Gateway, but there's no option to use it. There was on my PC, so I guess it depends what the PC-side software supports as well.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby [James] on Thu May 11, 2006 8:57 pm

At the moment I don't have a Bluetooth adapter for my laptop - I'm waiting to see if this works before I buy one. I've emailed Motorola to see what they think, so I'll post the reply here.

[hr]

http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html
[James]

Re:

Postby thebrookster on Fri May 12, 2006 1:11 am

Or surely, if you have a bluetooth enabled phone, do you use a bluetooth wireless headset? It is possible to connect a headset to your pc, I have done it before.Just bear in mind that if you use this option remember to disconnect your headset from your phone first, If you forget, as I once did, it can have an interesting effect on your phone!
thebrookster

Re:

Postby [James] on Fri May 12, 2006 2:37 pm

Well, Motorola says it's not possible. They suggested using a headset but I don't want to look like a knob [img]http://www.thesinner.net/littleicons/laugh.gif[/img]

[hr]

http://www.auditmypc.com/freescan/antispam.html
[James]

Return to WiredSoc