Home

TheSinner.net

LANing 2006/7 session

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

LANing 2006/7 session

Postby [WSD]-Deus on Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:39 am

Hey, i'm moving back into halls for my last year, so wondering if there will be anymore gaming sessions like there used to be (with Wolf).

Did you guys ever manage to find a solution to the problem last year due to ITS limiting networking to halls, or your subnet?

was just posting this coz i have a good suggestion on what we could play, if there is enough demand (and to make it fun, all you need is a 2v2 or 3v3). that is, we could play F.E.A.R. Combat, as it's just the multiplayer component of the game and it's free to download. it's also quite scaleable, so even people with less than great pc's can run it.

What you think?

[hr]

<<[WSD] UK PAL Uber Elite>>
<<[WSD] Council>>

IMAGE:www.ibgone.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10023/deus%20-%20best.jpg

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine! - The dead only know one thing, it is better to be alive." - Full Metal Jacket
<<[WSD] UK PAL Uber Elite>>
<<[WSD] Council>>

IMAGE:www.ibgone.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10023/deus%20-%20best.jpg

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine! - The dead only know one thing, it is better to be alive." - Full Metal Jacket
[WSD]-Deus

Re:

Postby Senethro on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:41 pm

Warsow?

(www.warsow.net - free to download)

Edit: Seems to be currently down as they redo the website to release a new version.

Warsow is something of a mix combining weapons and movement styles from mostly Quakes, but also a couple of UTs and other games as well.

I'll try to stop sucking at it long enough that I can put a decent video up on youtube or something.

Also, FEAR grows old fast. The slo-mo is a fun gimmick but the weapons are mostly pin-point accurate hitscans or short range spam cannons.
Senethro

Re:

Postby Malcolm on Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:41 pm

Quoting [WSD]-Deus from 10:39, 4th Sep 2006
Hey, i'm moving back into halls for my last year, so wondering if there will be anymore gaming sessions like there used to be (with Wolf).

Which Hall? You'll find me in Regs main hall...

Anyhoo, New Hall seemed basically unrestricted last year as gaming went, as long as you stayed on your own subnet - I used to play C&C Zero Hour and CS:Source (with bots) with a schoolfriend, and there were other guys playing Red Alert 2.

To be fair, though, New Hall did seem to have the weakest restrictions out of the entire hall system last year. It's probably all changed for next year, though :-(

[hr]

" ... No-one knows what it's like, to be the bad man, to be the sad man, Behind Blue Eyes ... "
Malcolm

Re:

Postby Roulette on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:14 am

Quoting [WSD]-Deus from 10:39, 4th Sep 2006
Did you guys ever manage to find a solution to the problem last year due to ITS limiting networking to halls, or your subnet?

You mean the gaming servers we're now allowed to run?

[hr]

If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
Roulette

Return to WiredSoc