Home

TheSinner.net

Do I need a plumber...??

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Do I need a plumber...??

Postby Ruru Hedgehog on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:49 am

OK, given that I'm technically incompetent and really oblivious to most of the jargon this laptop o' mine flings in my face like cold, wet mud, I figured I'd inquire here. Someone will be able to do something, right?

It happens when trying to run the .exe file to install SecureW2 - a nice little pop-up with a red cross in it saying:
"The pipe state is invalid"
I can hazard a guess as to what this might mean... And I really honestly hope that what I'm thinking is not the case.

... Help?
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.
Ruru Hedgehog

Re: Do I need a plumber...??

Postby Fawksie on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:43 pm

It seems to suggest that SecureW2 can't program. If you're trying to install the copy from the ITS website, you might try the latest version direct from SecureW2 and see if it makes a difference.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Ruru Hedgehog on Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:13 am

Nope. It seems Super Mario is still on vacation.
What I'm thinking it might be is another program somewhere on my laptop(which might be harmful, but I'm keeping my hopes up here) interfering with the execution of this one... Either that or my drivers are made of fail. And given the amount of extra grief this stupid machine gives me besides, that wouldn't surprise me much.
However, I would repeat that I know next to nothing about this sort of thing, so if you happen to know better, feel free to reprimand me for getting it wrong. =)
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.
Ruru Hedgehog

Postby Traveller on Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:59 pm

The drivers for the wireless adapter might be fine, but there could be something other than Windows Zero Configuration actually managing your wireless connections: Uninstall any software that appears to have come directly from the manufacturer of your wireless card, e.g., Intel ProSet, and reinstall just the hardware drivers. Then try the SecureW2 installation again.
Traveller

Return to WiredSoc