Home

TheSinner.net

NEED DESPERATE HELP - MY COMPUTER WON'T LOAD!!!!!

This board is for WiredSoc members and non-members to discuss all things computer & IT related. Got a problem with your computer? Maybe someone here can help. This is also the place to post interesting techy news and other relevant stuff.

Re:

Postby Malcolm on Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:20 pm

Quoting AMAZED from 12:46, 5th Aug 2006
any tips ?

Yeah, don't bring up threads from the Stone Age.

With regards to your problem, however, you need to wipe all traces of ZoneAlarm from your system, including the Registry - if it's locking all your pages, it's still running somewhere.

If all else fails, reformat your system - gives you an excuse to remove Windows ME anyway.

[hr]

" ... No-one knows what it's like, to be the bad man, to be the sad man, Behind Blue Eyes ... "
Malcolm

Re:

Postby amac on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:18 pm

It probably did that because you deleted the files directly rather than running the uninstall program. Next time try the uninstall program option, or go the registry route...
amac

Re:

Postby Mehmsy on Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:29 am

Quoting fluKe from 19:10, 8th Oct 2003
"SVCHOST.EXE" and "DLLHOST.EXE" Are viruses, If I remember correctly they are Trojan Horse's.

Dude, "svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System which handles processes executed from DLLs. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated."

And "dllhost.exe is a process belonging to Microsoft Windows Operating System. The dllhost.exe file manages DLL based applications. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated."

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37106593
Mehmsy

Re:

Postby CoolHecC on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:54 pm

Quoting highway_to_hell1982 from 21:28, 8th Oct 2003
i cannot access my university account because someone has changed my password

and i cannot access my non-uni email account on the dorm computer rooms because i keep bumping into an internet optimizer page saying theres a DNS error - the trojan has hit these computers too (can't go on google either)

I feel as if GOD is cursing me or something!!! boy i need to vent out at something i am so ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED!!!
CoolHecC

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:30 am

Epic thread resurrection there Unreg. And who the hell let it through?
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Previous

Return to WiredSoc