Home

TheSinner.net

LGBT postgrad group

LGBTsoc - The Sinner's LGBT area

Moderators: dusty, Dempsey

LGBT postgrad group

Postby xs11 on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:04 am

Hey there,
I have just started my PhD at St Andrews and was wondering where all the gay postgrads are...?! I got the impression that there is no gay postgrad/postdoc group, is there?
And if not, is there anyone who'd be interested to start one (for getting together once a month or so, pub nights, meeting new people, discussions, whatever people are interested in).
Looking forward to input and ideas from interested people,
Xenia
xs11

Re:

Postby box_of_delights on Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Quoting xs11 from 01:04, 1st Aug 2007
Hey there,
I have just started my PhD at St Andrews and was wondering where all the gay postgrads are...?! I got the impression that there is no gay postgrad/postdoc group, is there?
And if not, is there anyone who'd be interested to start one (for getting together once a month or so, pub nights, meeting new people, discussions, whatever people are interested in).
Xenia

There is no postraduate-specific group for LGBT/curious people, but the LGBTsoc is far from being an undergraduate dominated society. We have had many postgrads and staff at our events - which are, incidentally, suitable and of interest to all in the St Andrews University community.

Rhys :)
Former Publicity officer.
box_of_delights

Re:

Postby box_of_delights on Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:01 pm

Quoting xs11 from 01:04, 1st Aug 2007
Hey there,
Xenia

There is no postraduate-specific group for LGBT/curious people, but the LGBTsoc is far from being an undergraduate dominated society. We have had many postgrads and staff at our events - which are, incidentally, suitable and of interest to all in the St Andrews University community.

Rhys :)
Former Publicity officer.

[hr]

[s]http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37101440&pwstdfy=c9c14f50e63e4951ba5a9abb7ffcdc6e
box_of_delights

Re:

Postby Akasha on Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:56 pm

Hello!

There is no LGBT PG specific group but the society is very welcoming and there are a number of older students and staff members who attend. Have a look at www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~lgbtsoc

I'm beginning a postgrad in September (2007 graduate) and I know of another girl in a similar situation. I think we would both be interested in having some sort of get together – pub night? coffee? As St Andrews graduates we both know quite a few LGBT/curious PG students so I’m sure we could rustle up a fair bunch between us.

Look forward to hearing from you!
Beth
Akasha

Re:

Postby xs11 on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:42 am

Hello!
That sounds good! We should get on that asap in September! (Or earlier? I'm around.) Looking forward to finally meeting :)
Xenia
xs11

Return to LGBTsoc