Home

TheSinner.net

LGBT Film Festival in Madrid in Reading Week

LGBTsoc - The Sinner's LGBT area

Moderators: dusty, Dempsey

LGBT Film Festival in Madrid in Reading Week

Postby RobFett on Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:21 pm

http://standrews.facebook.com/event.php?eid=10138795187

As part of the University of St Andrews LGBT Society’s calendar of events in the coming academic year, your committee has decided to arrange a Reading Week trip abroad!

The twelfth International Lesbian & Gay Film Festival of Madrid coincides with Reading Week, so that’s where we are off to. We will be leaving from Edinburgh on the Friday afternoon of week six and returning on the Monday afternoon of Reading Week, so you can still go somewhere else later in the week, if you so wish. We will be attending a few screenings of new LGBT-themed films and (hopefully) we will be attending the closing party of the festival. As well, as the attractions of the festival, Madrid is a very LGBT-friendly city all-round and has many cafes, bars, shops and clubs which we will be able to sample.

Flights will be with Easyjet. The current price for return flights, including taxes and charges, is forty five pounds. The flights are direct from Edinburgh to Madrid. If you want to book your flights now, here are the details:

Date: Friday 9th November
Flight Number: 7942
Time: 17.45

Date: Monday 12th November
Flight Number: 7941
Time: 15.15

Details of accommodation will appear here soon, but the most likely scenario is that we stay in one of the city's LGBT-friendly hostels with rooms costing around thirty or forty euros per night. The Committee is working hard to secure fuding to subsidise part of the accommodation costs for each society member who wishes to attend.
RobFett

Re:

Postby nighteyes on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:50 pm

Can't wait. Can't wait! Can't wait!!!!

[hr]

i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
i didnt say i was consistant, just right!
nighteyes

Return to LGBTsoc