Home

TheSinner.net

Directions to Albany Park

Shire of Caer Caledon - visit the web site at http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~caledon

Directions to Albany Park

Postby katticus metallicus on Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:10 pm

It is roughly a
15min plod from town and your route takes you along south street in an eastward
direction (toward the cathederal) until you hit the roundabout by mica, take a
right turn into Abbey Street and follow the road as it archs around past a big
yellow building and a hospital and turns into St Mary Street which goes over a
bridge... keep plodding past the New Inn pub (do not stop for pint). Turn left
at the turning before the roundabout. Here is a map so you can visualise the
directions:

http://www.explore-st-andrews.com/image ... p_2006.jpg

for the fighting field once you have turned into Albany take a left after the
first car park(which is
on your left) and walk in roughly a straight line (avoiding buildings) until
you see us lot.
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby Hennessy on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:09 pm

Oh that's who you lot are!
I live nearby, I can see your battles from my kitchen window, I was wondering why every sunday a bunch of weirdoes dressed like Vikings rocked up and started to hit each other with swords and the like. I shall have to break out my excalibur playset (ages 3+) and come and join in sometime!
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Re:

Postby katticus metallicus on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:29 am

Yeah please do come out from behind the shelter of your computer as we always love to bash douche bags who call us weirdoes!

EDIT: by bash I don't mean with our swords as unlike you sitting behind your computer writing thinly veiled insults we are not cowards and we would rather not lose our society because of some idiot with nothing better to do with their weekend than sitting in their room mocking people who are exercising and having fun.

Also I'd rather weirdoes with swords in my residence than idiots playing golf near windows or people kicking balls around and leaving broken bits of cones all over the field.
katticus metallicus

SpidersfromMars

Postby katticus metallicus on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:58 am

Hey Look it's everyones best friend, internet tough guy! Seriously dude, grow/find/beg/borrow/steal a pair o cojones and come do your insulting in person.Or just shove your head back up your ass and get off my internet. And really, do you think we haven't heard it all a million times before? From much more eloquent duchbags than you might I add. so good luck finding those balls and I look forward to seeing you and your exaliber playset sometime soon
katticus metallicus

Re:

Postby jiajo on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:00 am

you are more than welcome to come and join in our session though i would recommend that your excalibur playset remain off of our battlefield as it is neither appropriate nor battlefield safe, and since youve clearly cherished it all these years it would be a shame for it to get damaged. also i would like to point out that we are not all vikings, as a basic knowledge of any form of history would demonstrate.

i fully understand that what we do may be considered weird but as there are huge numbers of reenacters across the country involved in shows that attract many thousands of visitors every year, we are clearly doing something that is interesting to a large section of the general public. also i would have difficulty in finding us any weirder than anyone who has ever studied martial arts (e.g. karate) since 'martial' is to do with war and the battlefield and some members of our society study western martial arts with the same skill and dedication that people would associate with eastern martial arts being ignorant of the existence of western martial arts as a sport.

if you do find us weird and/or amusing that is entirely your opinion, and to be honest i personally dont care what you think of us since we enjoy what we do. however, i would rather you did not post to mock us on our message board, on a thread that is necessary for our members to use in order to find the location for our sessions.
jiajo

Re:

Postby Hennessy on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:17 am

Ouch. Thin-skinned bunch aren't you?

Seriously I apologise for calling you weirdoes, it was one of those off-the-cuff posts where I suddenly realised who you are, I've been living in AP for a year now and I didnt really know what was happening.
I used to have a mate who was in the sealed knot (Civil War reenactors I think?) so no hard feeling eh?
I will continue to find you amusing, you clearly can't defend the position it's normal to dress up like a warrior of a thousand years ago and attack each other with swords, but I didnt mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Sorry!

[hr]

"What happened to Spoon?"
"There is no Spoon"
Dog Soldiers
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Return to Shire of Caer Caledon