Home

TheSinner.net

Christmas Special

Doctor Who Society board

Christmas Special

Postby Dark_Soul on Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:22 pm

So what did you all think? Enjoy it? I certainly did! :-)

[hr]

Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Who will take care of me my love, my dark angel, when you are gone?
Dark_Soul

Re:

Postby Colleen on Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:47 pm

An 8/10, I think. I was ever so glad to see that the Doctor finally got an Alonso, though!

To be honest, I was a bit drunk at the time and will form a sensible opinion upon the re-watch.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Pan on Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:30 pm

David Tennant was gorgeous, Kylie was gorgeous. The episode was good, not the best but still... good!

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Frank on Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:56 am

The new theme music? Bleeurgh!
Mr Bucket (Hyasinth's bloke, the conman/'I've a first in eathonomics) not becoming a companion? Bleeurgh!

I otherwise quite enjoyed it though. On seeing the baddie wheel out on a wheelchair, all I could think of was "No...!"

It wasn't 'him' though, so we're okay for now.

It was a neat episode, but not a fantastic one. I'd go for a round 5 or 6/10.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Also, some years later:
"here we are arguing about a few uppity troublemakers with a bee in their bonnet and a conspiracy theory."
Frank

Re:

Postby maenad on Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:42 pm

Yeah, I was waiting for a proper baddie.

I need to hear the music again but it seemed to have more of the effects from the original tune.

It does rather seem that the doctor's companion *must* be young, female and pretty.

[hr]

Tommy can you hear me?
Tommy can you hear me?
maenad

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:51 pm

I loved the bit when the old guy asked if he could come along and the doctor refused him when only ten minutes ago he had plans to run off with Kylie ;-)

But did anyone wish that she could come along when she said she had no family? It would be great - an entire series without trips to visit the annoying relatives every couple of episodes :-P

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby UanarchyK on Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:34 pm

The music was less orchestral and more rock-influenced, I felt, and still not nearly as satisfactorily otherworldly as the older versions.
UanarchyK

Return to DocSoc