Home

TheSinner.net

Scrabble Society

To share thoughts and tips about hosting events and activities in St Andrews

Scrabble Society

Postby ekpyrotic on Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Hey ho,

Wondered whether anyone would be interested in forming a Scrabble society. If you would be interested reply here, or to jg457. The the competitive scene in Scotland, and other parts of the UK, is rife (ref: http://www.absp.org.uk/calendar/calendar.html).

Ek.
ekpyrotic

Re: Scrabble Society

Postby Jormungand on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:42 pm

I used to play Scrabble against someone who was a national player. I would put words like 'goat' and 'tree' while they put words faintly resembling 'asdinasinasfnisdgf', which was invariably followed by my checking the Scrabble dictionary and finding it was a real word. o.o

Good Luck with your society idea Jordan.
President of WarSoc
2nd Year MA History
Jormungand

Postby Jono on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:20 pm

It's a possibility, the only potential conflict would be with WARsoc, and I know for a fact that it doesn't fall under their remit. best of Luck.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Postby RandomMusings on Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:16 pm

An extension to the scrabble family could be included - Upwords!

Infinitely more fun, and you can get away with challenging those *stupid* (my opinion only) little 2 letter words that nobody knows what they mean but always play them blocking what you want to do yourself.
...and as the red red robin of time goes bob bob bobbin under the snowplough of eternity.... I see it's time to end
RandomMusings

Return to Societies Ideas Forum