Home

TheSinner.net

DRA artificial lake - a recipe for disaster

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

DRA artificial lake - a recipe for disaster

Postby macgamer on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:45 pm

What do people think about the soon to be completed DRA lake?

I think that it is all going to end in student croutons!

Also, if anyone has been to York University, then they will know what I mean by nice a first, but 40 years on that water starts to penetrate and causes buildings to sink slowly.

Thus we may not have that communal area for long, being dangerously close to the edge.
"Progress should mean that we are always changing the world to fit the vision, instead we are always changing the vision."
- G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1908
macgamer

Re:

Postby johness on Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:19 pm

Haha, student crutons!

I'm more mad at the fact I'm paying for facilities I won't see completed and that are clearly catering for the tourist industry rather than students.

But, fake lake? Crap idea. Even if you don't fall in wasted at some point you'll get shoved in. Pnemonia outbreak ahoy in DRA.
[s]As I walk away, I look over my shoulder to see what I'm leaving behind. Pieces of puzzles and wishes on eyelashes failed...[/s]
johness

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:57 am

[s]johness wrote on 23:19, 6th Feb 2005:
Haha, student crutons!

I'm more mad at the fact I'm paying for facilities I won't see completed and that are clearly catering for the tourist industry rather than students.

But, fake lake? Crap idea. Even if you don't fall in wasted at some point you'll get shoved in. Pnemonia outbreak ahoy in DRA.

How are the facilities at DRA more relevant to tourists than to students? You seem overly cynical, please stop:P
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby penfold on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:18 am

Take a look at your bedroom- remind you of a travel inn by any chance
penfold

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:09 pm

[s]penfold wrote on 10:18, 7th Feb 2005:
Take a look at your bedroom- remind you of a travel inn by any chance

No more than any other bedroom in any of the other halls. I've got my own desk, Regs doesn't have that:P
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby Rex Mundi on Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:52 pm

Ever wondered why St Andrews students are all out by May 30th and back late September? It's to maximise the tourist season for the university. Also the facilities will be ready just as we're leaving and the tourists arrive... what a coincidence.
Rex Mundi

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:20 pm

[s]Rex Mundi wrote on 16:52, 7th Feb 2005:
Ever wondered why St Andrews students are all out by May 30th and back late September? It's to maximise the tourist season for the university. Also the facilities will be ready just as we're leaving and the tourists arrive... what a coincidence.

something must be done!
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

DRA - 40 years on

Postby Joesta on Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:55 pm

[s]macgamer wrote on 22:45, 6th Feb 2005:
What do people think about the soon to be completed DRA lake?

I think that it is all going to end in student croutons!

Also, if anyone has been to York University, then they will know what I mean by nice a first, but 40 years on that water starts to penetrate and causes buildings to sink slowly.

Thus we may not have that communal area for long, being dangerously close to the edge.

Could you really imagine these buildings lasting for 40 years.
Joesta

Re:

Postby Mr_Biffo on Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:04 pm

Are buildings at York actually sinking? I thought that was a myth. At any rate, I get the impression the water feature here is going to be a puddle compared to York. But perhaps I am entirely wrong.
Mr_Biffo

Racing

Postby pinkymoo on Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:13 pm

i say we hold rubber dingy boat racing on the lake..that would be soooooooo much fun man..
pinkymoo

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:22 am

for the record, I still don't quite understand what the fuck everyone was expecting as halls anyway. what kind of students room in a typical hall wouldn't qualify as being worthy of a travel inn?
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Return to David Russell Apartments