Home

TheSinner.net

Bicycle Storage

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

Bicycle Storage

Postby FURY-161 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:12 pm

Seeing as there is no real place to send this message, and becuse Mr. Fowler appears not to want to diclose is e-mail, the following has now become an open letter:

Today I noticed a note attached to my bicycle, which is parked in the entrance hall of Lindsay block:

“If not removed by Tuesday 29th November to the bike shed, we will remove them and you will need to come to the facilities building and collect”.

Grammatical errors aside, the note seems to imply that there would be room to accommodate the bicycle in the bike shed, which there is not. Indeed if there were room, my bicycle (and doubtless the other two bicycles where are also currently in the hall) would already be there.

Attempting to cram any more cycles into the shed would be nigh on impossible, and prove totally impractical for the few of us who rely on our cycles every day for transportation – I personally must travel from here to the Gatty building for 9am lectures from Monday to Friday, a prospect I find unthinkable to carry out on foot and retain any sense of good timekeeping.

While I can understand that officially the cycles in the hall present something that could be considered an obstruction, in all practical terms that I have observed, their presence has caused no harm.

Why then must the cycles be moved, and more importantly, where?

[hr]

FURY-161
"Anything to feel weightless again"
http://fury161.cjb.net
FURY-161
[i:1sjt1uqn]"Anything to feel weightless again"[/i:1sjt1uqn]
http://youtube.com/user/FiorinaFilms
FURY-161

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:44 pm

Oooh. Controversial!

On a side note, anyone in Shairp wanna let me in to see if my bike is still there from last year? I never have went to collect it yet :/

[hr]

papercutheart

Return to David Russell Apartments