Home

TheSinner.net

RIP to previous squalor

For residents and non-residents alike to discuss issues related to life in the David Russell Apartments. Visit the DRA website for general information about the hall or contact Duncan Fowler with complaints/queries.

RIP to previous squalor

Postby Lix on Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:00 pm

Well, much luck to all you lucky people who can excitedly coo over underfloor heating and double beds(I hope to be one of them next year, at least when im visiting my friends).
Though amidst all this excitement of the DRH pheonix rising from the ashes I feel we should all take a moment to mourn the loss of the wondeful, festering hole that was by sweet, sweet home last year. It will be weird to think of DRH as "swish" but I hope that we shall never forget the roots from which it sprung!
RIP DRH, will it ever be the same again...for all your sake I hope not!although for one I wont have lived anywhere else.
Lix

Re:

Postby Setsuna on Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:34 pm

most of all, i will miss our resident silverfish.

Goodbye, silverfish!!
Setsuna

A toast to the old DRH

Postby Jim on Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:03 pm

It is a sad day now that the Old DRH has gone! SO many (hazy, drunken) memories. Sniff, Sniff : (
It always had its own unique smell that I couldnt quite identifiy!

The new residents will never know what it is like to live in a building with so much 'character'.
Underfloor heating. Hah. Double beds. Hah hah! They dont know that they are born!

Our proud character building digs are being torn down to mollycoddle a new breed that if pampered anymore will turn into a nation of wimps!

The silverfish were our friends! The lockers doubling as Mail recepticals were brilliant! Food strangley dissapearing in the night from stupidly small fridges! heh heh its all good. Peace
Jim

Re:

Postby Rob Milsom on Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:54 pm

Ah yes.... DRH, Rest In Pieces...

To this nostalgia trip, may I add...

The formerly covered walkways - nothing better for waking you up in the mornings than a thirty second dash in the teeth of a howling gale - and after the covers were taken off, lest they collapse on a more litiguous resident, the pouring rain to contend with as well.

Wiring - although repaired in later life, I well remember turning my computer on and the lights dimming slightly when I first got there.

And the slightly damp smell on entering any of the blocks that nobody ever did identify the source of... It won't be the same as a well made building with underfloor heating...
[i]Is tresa tuath na tighearna
Rob Milsom

Re:

Postby Aer on Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:01 am

DrH

not always striking terror into its residents. well. maybe not in the sixties or whenever it was built. but at least it was socialiableable.

:)

tho tbh i am moving out of drh to somewhere closer this yr.

[hr]Always remember, no matter how drunk you are, that tomorrow you will be sober. and probably will have one biiiig hangover.
I can't believe your head exploded. You'll never be a doctor if your head explodes.
Aer

Return to David Russell Apartments