Home

TheSinner.net

TV in Fife Park

Please feel free to discuss any matters surrounding Fife Park. If you have any problems please e-mail the moderator of this board.

TV in Fife Park

Postby rg237 on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:26 pm

Hey - quick question for those how have taken a TV to Fife Park...I was thinking of taking mine but before I do I was wondering what reception is like? According to www.freeview.co.uk it's fine - but I don't trust it!

[hr]

How do you know the future you've got now is the same future you're going to have if something in the past is different from the last time you went back to the future?
How do you know the future you've got now is the same future you're going to have if something in the past is different from the last time you went back to the future?
rg237

Re:

Postby Roulette on Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:35 pm

I don't actually know anyone who had a TV there last year but since DRA is right next door shouldn't it be okay?

[hr]

If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Roulette

Re:

Postby rg237 on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:07 pm

Quoting Roulette from 18:35, 23rd Aug 2006
I don't actually know anyone who had a TV there last year but since DRA is right next door shouldn't it be okay?

[hr]

emm...quite possibly...mind you DRA may be fixed up with a central satallite dish (like hotels have).

Guess I wont know till I get there!

[hr]

rg237

Re:

Postby Pan on Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:21 pm

I guess if you have an aerial and a TV you could always bring them along and try them...then if they work alright buy a licence?! If not, don't! I'm bringing my TV but I'm not planning on watching TV on it, just my disney videos..... :-p

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Angharad on Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:04 am

I had tv on my pc for the last two years in Fife Park and that worked fine for me if that is of any help, had a freeview box too thanks to a friend and reception wasn't a problem.
Angharad

Re:

Postby Pan on Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:56 pm

And Richie- you'll be moving into that exact room, so I guess that's pretty handy to know!

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:46 pm

I've lived in 3 different Fife Park houses and the signal varies a lot. Generally it's ok - good enough for teletext to work on 3/4 channels. In bad weather it can be worse. DRA tvs use the aerial on each block, not individual aerials.

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:46 pm

Quoting Pan from 23:21, 23rd Aug 2006
I guess if you have an aerial and a TV you could always bring them along and try them...then if they work alright buy a licence?! If not, don't! I'm bringing my TV but I'm not planning on watching TV on it, just my disney videos..... :-p

[hr]

Ann as far as I know you would still need a licence...http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/information/students.jsp

If you dont want to buy one you can always watch disney on my TV :-D

Return to Fife Park