TheSinner.net

Curious fresher

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Re:

Postby physicist on Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:52 pm

Quoting ladylincoln from 18:44, 26th Aug 2005
Yes it IS a lovely room isnt it. *grins*

i dont get it...

A30 is one of the largest single rooms in Chattan. It is a high contender for being the largest, as it is about the size of some shared rooms. It is a rectangular shaped room with two windows and a good view out over North Street, the golf course and the sea. It was kept to a good standard of decoration (by hall standards) and had reasonable furnishings. It is hard to find any single rooms better than it in Chattan.
physicist

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:01 am

Is that the one I spewed on the floor of, in a light mist?

Quoting Slash wannabe from 17:20, 26th Aug 2005
As far as I can recall C45 is one of the new rooms located to the left of the main stair door on C floor. You'll have a view onto North Street / a tree.

lovely big single room of A30 is the only adjacent bedroom.

Yes it IS a lovely room isnt it. *grins*

Less than a month now guys - its gonna kick ass!

[hr]

IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/alice.png
I could set you free, rather hear the sound of your body breaking as I take you down

[hr]

Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Meredith on Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:17 pm

I'm an American new student in D14 for whoever is on my hall! Is that a bit like D16 (I presume they're next to eachother)?

btw- is anyone going to be in St. A before the 17th? I'm getting dropped off days early because a wedding is much more important than me moving in to the dorms... so I'd love to meet people who'll be in town early.
Meredith

Re:

Postby Flighty on Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:14 am

Quoting claire from 20:07, 25th Aug 2005
Hi! Er I'm supposed to be in room C45...but I just read that C floor only goes up to 43. Hm maybe my room doesn't exist *prepares to move into bus shelter*
Thankoo x

yey my new neighbour! I'm in C44, they do exist, they're just new, as was said by someone. Hopefully nice rooms but they have no room numbers, so it's a guessing game. See you in Sep.
Flighty

Re:

Postby mary on Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:03 pm

[quote]Quoting Meredith from 08:15, 27th Aug 2005
I'm an American new student in D14 for whoever is on my hall! Is that a bit like D16 (I presume they're next to eachother)?

Hi, Im jus opposite you!! Im in D3!! apparently these r the best halls!! i dont know if you have been to www.newstudent.org but it is really good for meeting people, i know there are a few there who are going to be arrivng before the 17th!!
mary

Re:

Postby little headache on Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:36 pm

And all you guys in D3/14/16/whatever... if anyone's getting there on Saturday, you're welcome to stop by D4; I'll be unpacking probably (or just drinking). It'll be nice to meet some of you before the masses start pouring in.
little headache

Re:

Postby LadyLincoln on Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:44 am

does anybody know who is in D5?

[hr]

I Say Who, I Say When, I SAY WHO!!!
LadyLincoln

Re:

Postby ~Strong sad~ on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:35 pm

Quoting Meredith from 08:15, 27th Aug 2005

D14 and D16 are a long way apart (one is in Abbotsford House and the other in McIntosh Hall before amalgamation). D14 is south facing over Abbotsford Crescent opposite what used to be the warden's flat, but is a good size and has a walk in cupboard. Also D14 is single (D14A is shared) whereas D16 is shared.

Mod edit:
Please include a name for reference purposes. Also quoting someone who is quoting someone else is pointless - quote directly please.
~Strong sad~

Re:

Postby Barrie on Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:17 pm

why does it sound like only d floor is where the partys at? who is on b floor?
(im an american student, in b26)
Barrie

Re:

Postby LadyLincoln on Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:13 am

Nobody's on B floor. I think you might have the whole floor to yourself. Thats what happened last year. Nice views though.

[hr]

LadyLincoln

Re:

Postby Gubbins on Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:55 pm

Quoting Meredith from 08:15, 27th Aug 2005

D14 is a good-sized room, roughly above the main laundry. It has the distinct advantage of having a walk-in cupboard with some dodgy wiring and pipes in it and was incidently home to a different Meredith some three years ago if I remember rightly.

[hr]

...but then again, that is only my opinion.
...then again, that is only my opinion.
Gubbins

Re:

Postby ~Paul Denton~ on Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:32 am

what is the deal with closet space in mcintosh? do you have any place to hang things up?

Mod edit:
Please include a name for reference purposes
~Paul Denton~

Re:

Postby little headache on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:40 pm

Quoting Barrie from 21:02, 29th Aug 2005
why does it sound like only d floor is where the partys at?

That's because it is where the party's at.
little headache

Re:

Postby Diane Ashworth on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:09 am

I'm a new student and I received my contract for McIntosh Hall a while ago and sent back the signed form, but I haven't gotten anything in the post since then. Don't they send confirmations or something?
Diane Ashworth

Re:

Postby Slash wannabe on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:14 am

No they dont because they like people getting worried - or at least it seems so.

They really should send something out because its a service we are paying for. We should know for sure that they recieved our acceptance documents.

They do say however Diane, that if you hear nothing from them after they have sent out your contract you have nothing to worry about. Very reassuring I'm sure.

[hr]

I could set you free, rather hear the sound of your body breaking as I take you down
IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/slashlogo.gif
[i:3tscad2j]One step from lashing out at you again[/i:3tscad2j]
Slash wannabe

Re:

Postby Puzzled on Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:05 pm

Hey I've just found out I'm in B31a - any thoughts? Do I need to be prepared to stare at a brick wall for a year? Also - anyone need an academic daughter?
Puzzled

Re:

Postby Slash wannabe on Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:15 pm

Puzzled you are on the second highest floor - I highly doubt your view will be restricted. Although staring at a brick wall may come in handy at some point so keep preparing.

Ok this is a note to all freshers:

Its down right silly to get academic parents before you know them properly. The more you know them the better time you'll have. So instead of looking for someone in the first week just keep it cool and find someone you know you like. There is more than enough time to get parents.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~es54/images/slashlogo.gif
[i:3tscad2j]One step from lashing out at you again[/i:3tscad2j]
Slash wannabe

Re:

Postby LadyLincoln on Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:00 pm

Tell me about it...ahem. Oh no wait you're my brother mr slash, of which i am honoured. Although i was adopted by another pretty cool, albeit a little odd, dad in february. Who bought me an easter egg and took me to centre parks!! Dad, if you're out there, i miss you man!!

[hr]

LadyLincoln

Re:

Postby mary on Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:41 am

hey diane, what room are you in? im D3, and still trying to find my room mate!! lol!
mary

Re:

Postby Colin on Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:50 pm

Quoting Puzzled from 21:22, 1st Sep 2005
Hey I've just found out I'm in B31a - any thoughts? Do I need to be prepared to stare at a brick wall for a year? Also - anyone need an academic daughter?

Thats a great room - was mine in my first year. Nice view out over the golf course / beach. Hidden away at the very end of B-floor. Many fun stories about that room... :-)
Colin

PreviousNext

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)